Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default So........a hard decision has been made.

As some may know, I'm officially getting my Corvette back in a couple more weeks. Worked some stuff, sold the Audi, Celica is getting picked up on Saturday, and a smallish loan and it's a done deal. Guy I sold her to is meeting me in Bowling Green KY at the NCM too (was Nashville but I proposed meeting at the NCM and he was all for it).

My wife and I talked it over, and we have decided that the Trans Am will unfortunately be the last casualty of getting the Corvette back. I know I had a part out thread up recently as I thought that was going to be necessary to get the Vette back, and when it became apparent it wasn't, I pulled it. But after deliberation, for sake of simplification, and in order to vanquish any note on the Corvette ASAP, the T/A will be taken apart. Unfortunately, due to some of the stuff I have changed, putting it back to a stockish form to my liking isn't possible (harness modifications, deleted all the abs stuff, etc). And given my less than favorable view of the car's overall condition, we are parting the ENTIRE car out.

Once the Vette is paid off we have already agreed to another LTx vehicle, probably a Vette as we have two kids, so we'd have a Mom's and Dad's vette setup.

It's going to be WEIRD not having a Bird in the garage. Ever since buying my first car back in 1996, save for the one month gap of not owning a car between lemon law returning my new 99 T/A and buying my black 93 T/A, I've ALWAYS had a Bird. Hello? Fastbird? Just won't have the same ring anymore.

For those wondering, I'm having mixed feelings about my co-ownership here considering I don't want to be one of THOSE guys who co-owns and helps run a place like this but doesn't have one of the focal points. But on the flip side, I love this community, and have a great deal of pride in what this community has become. I guess what I'm saying that conflicted feelings or not, I have zero plans to disappear.

Anyway, that's my big news. Getting my vette back, parting out the T/A, and sticking around while hopefully getting another LTx vehicle down the road (probably a year ish if I had to guess unless a cheap good F-Body comes my way). I'll be posting a VERY detailed part out listing here this weekend (have a couple days off finally) so keep an eye out for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Its understandable man... and thats coming from me. Lol

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

I never got to see the vette so that's exciting! Best of luck on the transam I've heard it run before this point so in happy =)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

VIP Member

Status

HELL YES!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Stout For This Post:

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

My 2 cents worth here... I believe it would be a loss for all of us if you left here just because you no longer had the Bird. LTXtech is more than just what you have in the garage but rather what you have inside you.............

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madman337 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Zed28

Under Pressure is coming back?
    ​jay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toronto_LT1 For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Thanks guys. Yes, Under Pressure is coming back except now it's more like pressure cooker.......she's badder than when she left. Ernie upgraded to a C6Z rear end/cradle, built T56, custom driveshaft with LPE solid couplers, LG Turbo's (about 50lb/hr more air flow than the stock APS Turbo's), FAST intake manifold and TB setup. Says on a conservative 16* timing 16ish PSI tune it's making around 825-850 at the tires. And I'm pretty sure it could take a bit more timing than 16*.

Two weeks from tomorrow I'm picking her up.

And I meant what I said. I'm not leaving here. I invested a ton in this community, and this community invests in itself, and I'm extremely proud of that. I will never forget the outpouring that came my way when my situation happened a few years ago, or how this community has rallied time and time again around people on hard times here. I'm extremely proud of what this place has become and could never leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

ill be over with a trailer to take that ltx "junk" off your hands

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaysz2893 View Post
    ill be over with a trailer to take that ltx "junk" off your hands
    Not if we get there first. Cmon, we've done this once @Ltconvert
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Shotgun !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast