Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I've never heard of Canfield heads.....
    Canfields were well respected in the late 90's. The top LT1 stock head porter at that point was Craig Gallant (GTP). Lingenfelter was not far behind. Nobody was going over 300 CFM. The only aftermarket heads were AFR, and what they were selling back then was nothing special. They revised them over the years.

Don't know when they started producing the Canfield LT1's, but by 2001 they were no longer available. Baxter found an unmolested used set, and liked them. I heard rumors that reworked (and I don't know by whom) they were somewhere between 320 - 340 CFM. I know he had Jesel make custom offset rocker arms for them. He told me/showed me a lot, but not everything.

All ancient history.

http://www.dw-zone.com/canfield/canfield.asp

http://www.dw-zone.com/2002rebuild/h...k/raceport.asp
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

I swear @Injuneer is the "keeper" of long lost LT1 history it's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arctic White 1996 Z28. Stock internal LT1, CAI, LM1, MGW Shifter, 3.73's, some suspension junk, and shiny salad shooters (retired). Forgestar F14's 18x10 on all 4. Fun stuff coming soon. Also, Cali smog regulations suck...period. **Insert witty quote here** LT1FTW that is all. Have a nice day.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Yes, Injuneer has been a great resource since the early days. I remember the old days on camaroz28.com when these cars were new...lol.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    eric
    Vehicle
    1993 TA

Yeah, supposedly from what Ive found online, the 220cc heads flowed around 280 cfm unported. These had extensive work done to them and the guy claimed around 300+ above .600lift. Builder just informed me due to the offset of the intake valve i will need to check interference due to the valve relief not lining up, so this might not work out for me afterall because I refuse to disassemble the shortblock at this point. Worse case scenario I use the ported stockers and upgrade the blower. A Vortech Ti flows like a D1SC. My custom S trim conversion would need to remove some of the extended tip of the impeller due to T trim volute not having enough meat in that area to machine. Best guess is itll still flow more than T trim, around 1300 cfm. More than enough to get to 600 @ wheels even with 260 cfm heads and the cam Ive chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post

The secret was to keep the revs low, high power + rpm is killer with a heavy rotating assembly.
    ^^^ This, I make 710 RWHP but with a turbo @ 13lbs of boost at 6100 RPM...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

13178702_490016174536746_606882651911470294_n.jpg

the block isn't going to sweat ~700
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopstix For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    eric
    Vehicle
    1993 TA

What kind of combo is that with?^

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

yes please share

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

@Injuneer @Chopstix Between Baxters setup and the graph posted, I'm wondering what went on with my buddies motor. His freaking block twisted and puked the main bearings at just over 1K RWHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Can only tell you what I have seen work. Madman (along with Baxter and Sled, the three top LT1's of the day) had a setup that appeared to be similar to George's, except an ATI S/C instead of the Vortech. All three of them were running 9.0x's. Actually saw Madman and George run side-by-side when we arranged a GM EFI event at Englishtown. Second Street built a virtual duplicate of George's engine for John McMullen, Jr. (his father was the owner of the Houston Astros, and then the NJ Devils - cash was no object). Have videos and photos of a lot of these cars.

There was a guy with an LT1 in a 3rd Gen. He actually won our first GM EFI event, as I recall. But the second year he upped the stakes with a huge shot of nitrous. End of LT1.... reportedly cracked the block on the first pass. I know nothing regarding the details of his build, or the accuracy of the claimed failure.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast