Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A kill from the past , actually It was humble pie served well done!

Little story of a little redneck from va. Visiting a known track called No Problem Raceway. Thought it was going to be the day I finally line up with the S.A.M.S race team . Since the car kept coming by me in the pit area woofing as it went by. But alas they opt out of a 1st round test run to line the fence with 20 students to watch the lowly lt1 make a 9.5 pass in the heat. Well end of story kind of ends like this. 2nd round test gets called and I get to staging lanes. As I gaze around waiting , I see a double stacker trailer with SAMS logo down the side leaving the premises. Not a kill persay but obviously they were out gunned that day.... 😇

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe O For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    Little story of a little redneck from va. Visiting a known track called No Problem Raceway. Thought it was going to be the day I finally line up with the S.A.M.S race team . Since the car kept coming by me in the pit area woofing as it went by. But alas they opt out of a 1st round test run to line the fence with 20 students to watch the lowly lt1 make a 9.5 pass in the heat. Well end of story kind of ends like this. 2nd round test gets called and I get to staging lanes. As I gaze around waiting , I see a double stacker trailer with SAMS logo down the side leaving the premises. Not a kill persay but obviously they were out gunned that day....
    u paint a great scene with ur words. That was very enjoyable to read...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Sorry to disappoint! This was a time when ls1 tech were making rules . Rules that kept me in check as far as mods/ weight etc. The big shops back then told me quote: "I was lucky to even be allowed to race the series. " any way just reminiscing in the past. Much respect to Judson and those guys. Competition and ribbing each other is what makes it fun!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe O For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Good to see you back Joe O ! It has been a long time since I talked to you (back in 2003 or so). I still have my car but a different engine combo. I bought Dirk's old combo and did some changes to make it nitrous friendly (383, ported AFR 220's and accel pro ram single plane from Eric B and 259 267 .57x 108lsa solid roller, th400 with 8" fti nitrous verter, 3.70's and 28" tall tire). Hope you decide to stick around and things are going well.

I remember Dirk . And remember vaguely some things . We talking 15 yrs ! ! But yeah think I will stick around a lil bit. Now that I got the bird running again and not being strapped down by rules. Think gonna let the nuts hang out thing. And see what it can actually do !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe O For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

I remember Dirk . And remember vaguely some things . We talking 15 yrs ! ! But yeah think I will stick around a lil bit. Now that I got the bird running again and not being strapped down by rules. Think gonna let the nuts hang out thing. And see what it can actually do !
    It has been a while for sure! Awesome that you still have the car and look forward to seeing it out again.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

That's awesome to hear, I remember first reading about the awesome things you were doing with your car when I first bought mine in '04. I also remember seeing Joe O cams in sigs on fbody.com, ls1tech, z28.com, etc. and always seeing impressive results whenever your spec'd cams were used.

Quote Originally Posted by myltwon View Post
    That's awesome to hear, I remember first reading about the awesome things you were doing with your car when I first bought mine in '04. I also remember seeing Joe O cams in sigs on fbody.com, ls1tech, z28.com, etc. and always seeing impressive results whenever your spec'd cams were used.
    yeah was trying to help everybody out back then. Thought I had a lot of friends too! But found out by helping people , you shouldn't automatically think they are your friends. My true friends stood up for me when I wasn't around and was there for me when I needed them. Never took advantage what I did do for them and turn there back later! Little wisdom. Put in your memory bank!

Little story of a little redneck from va. Visiting a known track called No Problem Raceway. Thought it was going to be the day I finally line up with the S.A.M.S race team . Since the car kept coming by me in the pit area woofing as it went by. But alas they opt out of a 1st round test run to line the fence with 20 students to watch the lowly lt1 make a 9.5 pass in the heat. Well end of story kind of ends like this. 2nd round test gets called and I get to staging lanes. As I gaze around waiting , I see a double stacker trailer with SAMS logo down the side leaving the premises. Not a kill persay but obviously they were out gunned that day.... ��
    I was there. I remember. You would scare people away back then. Hell back then you were keeping up with us mod/pa guys and we were on spray.
    8.453 @ 163.58 mph (best mph 164.27)

http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24&dateline=128017345  3
    MAY 2011 cover/feature GMHTP......Jan 2008 cover/feature Camaro Performers
    2009,2010,2011,2015 LTX SHOOTOUT OUTLAW CHAMPION
    Current LT1 N2O record holder (Sept 5 2015)

Appreciate the props.. but honestly nobody was stupid enough ,but me and a select few to spend the r&d time and money in a factory oem block to the run the numbers.. a lot cheaper to beef it up internally and spray/ boost the chit out of it. Can't blame anyone, for going a different route. Call me a fool but I had fun pissing off the ls1 guys. PS I see your sig big daddy ,no way could touch those numbers then or now!
    Last edited by Joe O; 02-14-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast