Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 95albinobird View Post
    so are we saying slp was lying when they said the ram air hood and air box change was worth 25hp
    goto the 14min mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-qZI5Uu2H0

We (not sure why you chose to put it that way???) are saying that there is no way that it could add 25 HP ONLY from the ram air effect. We (????) also said that there was additional gain from cooler air. Compared to the stock ducting, there is probably significant reduction in pressure losses due to bends, changes in cross-sectional area, etc. Just going from the stock setup to a CAI seems to be good for 10-15HP (I found that to be true when I installed the Callaway Honker", based on ET gains). Note that they also list a "low restriction exhaust" as part of the package that added 25HP.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    95albinobird
    Vehicle
    95 firehawk tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    We (not sure why you chose to put it that way???) are saying that there is no way that it could add 25 HP ONLY from the ram air effect. We (????) also said that there was additional gain from cooler air. Compared to the stock ducting, there is probably significant reduction in pressure losses due to bends, changes in cross-sectional area, etc. Just going from the stock setup to a CAI seems to be good for 10-15HP (I found that to be true when I installed the Callaway Honker", based on ET gains). Note that they also list a "low restriction exhaust" as part of the package that added 25HP.
    ok i'll accept that.lol
    I worked on a few firehawks fresh off the car carrier in 94/95.the hurst shifter was dealer installed I know because I installed them.the exhaust upgrade was mainly the TOTL muffler(badass)they did change the cat back but the pipe but it was the same size as the stock unit it was stainless and worth a claimed 15hp.also the exhaust was a additional option and not a part of the "base" firehawk package it was like $900 more and bumped it to the claimed hp to "315".the "base" was just the ram air hood with 300hp decals,the firehawk decals and wheels.the slp guy said the hood and modified corvette intake was worth 25 hp alone the suspension being lowered and bilstien shocks was another option and was not standard to the firehawk package.i'm not being a smartass but I wanna ask.did anyone else here work at a Pontiac dealer(GOOD TIMES!!)and experience the same thing's or am I crazy?i'm no expert. yo the firehawk with the exhaust and suspension options was TOTALLY A BADASS out of the box,corvette eater from a stand still and on a turn.i had the pleasure of driving a few with less than 10mi on them. but if ya got a ws6 formula in 96 then you got a base firehawk for less money and that would draw less attention.
    I think grabbing air from under the bumper like the Ls cars is probably more effective I don't like the useless scopes on the ls ram air hoods.i do like the lt1 functional scopes.
    can you tell
    1420519_671158749585228_1475410407_n (2).jpg
    Inguneer your car is badass and my hat is off to you for having MAD technical knowledge!!
    Last edited by 95albinobird; 05-02-2014 at 01:22 PM.

InActive Member

Status

The 93 Firehawk had the intermediate pipe changed and the Firehawk exhaust tips added but I can't find any literature that stated the Intermediate pipe was changed.
    John

Overworked/Underpaid

Status
    Name
    Peter Alpiger
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6; 1994 Corvette [GS Clone]

@MeanTA is our resident Firehawk info guru, he might be able to answer this question.
    96 Trans Am WS6 LT1 M6: 10/7/11 - current: 245.7 RWHP / 266.2 RWTQ - 14.462s @ 98.28 MPH
    94 Corvette LT1 A4: 4/12/13 - current: No dyno #s yet - 9.547s @ 75.11 MPH (1/8 mile)
    92 Lumina Euro 3.4L LQ1 A4: 1/15/06 - current: The beater car that refuses to die...

My brother has a '95 Firehawk. I remember when he ordered it the exhaust option was a little over a grand. I tried talking him into it but he said no. The base 300HP version had different exhaust tips from a standard Formula.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    95albinobird
    Vehicle
    95 firehawk tribute

we had a few guys order the firehawk exhaust systems for their birds they came as stainless cat back TOTL.
    that SLP TOTL muffler set up sounded nasty.
    there was a guy on egay a few months back with several nos slp totl units I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not getting 1.

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Can someone tell me where he purchased that intake tube or if it was custom made
    94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Default CAI over the radiator

It's a 3 or 3.5" 60 degree bend with 8" legs, google it out of aluminum, vibrant has one
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

can the SLP duct be made to work as well as a CHRS1313? it looks lilt it is just shorter then the 1313

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Formula218 View Post
    can the SLP duct be made to work as well as a CHRS1313? it looks lilt it is just shorter then the 1313
    Found out that it can with a lower piece from SSRA, I ended up getting a SLP lid, base, SLP duct, smooth bellow, and the SSRA piece for $125

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234