Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

E85 is top of the list. Like said cooling will be a issue. I can only imagine how much heat will be generated.

The turbos i thank will need to be addressed. Running the amount of boost i will need. And for that ling of a time. The boost will be introducing lots of heat into the induction.

I figure i will be running a water to air intercooler. What about turbos? Should i run a oil/water cooled turbo setup?
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
    Methanol would be a better choice. It runs a lot cooler than gas and you wouldn't need a after cooler. Also make plumbing the intake much easier.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    @BIG CAT Im finding data on A-A verses meth. And meth is the clear winner. Is it a better advantage over W-A?
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    CHRIS
    Vehicle
    94 CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    @BIG CAT Im finding data on A-A verses meth. And meth is the clear winner. Is it a better advantage over W-A?
    Yes it's better in most area's . Its draw back is it requires more maintenance than a gas setup and needs a very serious fuel system.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3572&dateline=1317253  626

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I believe big cat is saying run methanol as a fuel, not meth injection as a cooling medium.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    I believe big cat is saying run methanol as a fuel, not meth injection as a cooling medium.
    Ya i figured it out. First Jesus Christ that's expensive. lol

Just a thought on internals, but for the length of high rpm I'd think solid roller would be benificial over hydraulic. E85 or methanol definately, and even if you added meth injection I wouldn't see how an air-water intercooler with a very large ice/water box and a big pump could hurt anything

Making you silky smooth...

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

That brings up another thing. Rotating mass..... How much can i cut back on that yet maintain strength. When i look at all the off the shelf forged cranks and billet rods. Im wondering how much i can have the crank lighten and maintain strength?

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Man that pendulum cut crank that was on the board a while back would have been perfect.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    Man that pendulum cut crank that was on the board a while back would have been perfect.
    Im looking for one. I know scat sells them. But not finding them on the site. Might need to get on a real computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    Im looking for one. I know scat sells them. But not finding them on the site. Might need to get on a real computer.
    I just got an ohiocrankshaft forged crank. I know they said they had a new lighter crank available, but not for lt1, maybe just big blocks? Maybe they'd build one for an lt1 if enough money was thrown at it but idk how much it would take. Haha

Making you silky smooth...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast