Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle
    Silver 1996 Camaro Z28, Green 1996 Camaro Z28

@Injuneer have him call MSD and ask for Tommy I just talked to the manager and we figured out a plan that will work for him and us. Going to send you a email also if you reply quicker there so we can get that distributor here.
    96 Camaro Z28 Silver Mostly Stock, Full Exhaust
    96 Camaro Z28 Green Big Cam, Quick Performance 9 Inch Rear End, Full Exhuast

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I sent him a PM providing him with your contact info, emphasizing that there is a good deal in it for him. Hopefully he will call you.

thanks,
    Fred

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

Just to update so that anyone following will know, we got the distributor coming to us so I will get it first then hand it to the engineer looking into the issues the gentleman sending it is very cool and helpful and is fine with waiting for the distributor to get repaired because he is having this certain issue I told him I do not know a time frame for this situation and he is willing to wait so hopefully I will have good news in the future and with it being a pin drive if we cant find anything worst case scenario I can put it on my car and run it and see if the issue shows up for me.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28SideSwype View Post
    Just to update so that anyone following will know, we got the distributor coming to us so I will get it first then hand it to the engineer looking into the issues the gentleman sending it is very cool and helpful and is fine with waiting for the distributor to get repaired because he is having this certain issue I told him I do not know a time frame for this situation and he is willing to wait so hopefully I will have good news in the future and with it being a pin drive if we cant find anything worst case scenario I can put it on my car and run it and see if the issue shows up for me.
    That's awesome! Thanks for all the help. I hope you guys can get something figured out on them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@96z28SideSwype

Tommy - any feedback from Engineering on the problem with the erratic RPM signals? I've got another identical case on the Firebird Nation forum. Guy has be trying to a year to solve the problem, on his second MSD Opti. I convinced him he had to do a Scan9495 data log, and sure enough, every few seconds the RPM signal jumps to 6,000+ RPM for a fraction of a second, drives the IAC counts to 160, and the engine idle speed is all over the place as the PCM reacts to the faulty RPM input.

Is there any way I can deal directly with Engineering?

Thanks,
    Fred
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    @96z28SideSwype

Tommy - any feedback from Engineering on the problem with the erratic RPM signals? I've got another identical case on the Firebird Nation forum. Guy has be trying to a year to solve the problem, on his second MSD Opti. I convinced him he had to do a Scan9495 data log, and sure enough, every few seconds the RPM signal jumps to 6,000+ RPM for a fraction of a second, drives the IAC counts to 160, and the engine idle speed is all over the place as the PCM reacts to the faulty RPM input.

Is there any way I can deal directly with Engineering?

Thanks,
    Fred
    injuneer dealing with engineering, this could finally get solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The latest case is a 1993. Good thing about that is the Scan9495 program also scans 1993. And the 1993 log contains additional fields regarding the Opti high and low res signals like interval in milliseconds between low res pulses, low resolution RPM (8-bit resolution w/ 25 RPM per bit, and cumulative high res pulse in an 8-bit field (256 max).

Problem w/ the data logs is the interval between records. Depending on setup, it can range from about 0.10 seconds per record to more than 0.50 seconds per record. Then consider the fact that there are 180 high res pulses for every crank rev, and 4 low res pulses. At 1000 RPM there are 3000 high res pulse/sec, and 66-2/3 low res per second. A lot going on between data records.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

WE just sent the opti back to the gentleman so he can test the opti put and give us feedback. @Injuneer
    Last edited by 96z28SideSwype; 04-13-2017 at 03:06 PM.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

What should I tell the guy with the 93 with the same problem? This is the 5th time I've found this problem, 4 times in the MSD unit. Hopefully someone is figuring out what is causing these problems. He bought his two MSD units through Summit, and it is still under warranty, so he's trying to decide between using the Summit credit toward the GM remanufactured unit, and Summit Racing's own Opti.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    What should I tell the guy with the 93 with the same problem? This is the 5th time I've found this problem, 4 times in the MSD unit. Hopefully someone is figuring out what is causing these problems. He bought his two MSD units through Summit, and it is still under warranty, so he's trying to decide between using the Summit credit toward the GM remanufactured unit, and Summit Racing's own Opti.
    I am using a summit brand opti with msd cap currently. has about 10k miles on it, no issues. I think Gail had found out the summit ones were delphis that they bought basically a warehouse full of and rebranded them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast