Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Here's an inside shot of a Camaro with a Hinson Motorsports shifter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

I impulse purchased the Hinson for my bird. Got it on Amazon at their sale price, 5% cash back from discover and 2 day prime shipping. Hopefully it's as good as everyone says otherwise it will be up for sale shortly thereafter. I really like my Hurst plus with lou's short stick so again, curious how this will feel/work.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbirdws6 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    I impulse purchased the Hinson for my bird. Got it on Amazon at their sale price, 5% cash back from discover and 2 day prime shipping. Hopefully it's as good as everyone says otherwise it will be up for sale shortly thereafter. I really like my Hurst plus with lou's short stick so again, curious how this will feel/work.
    Awesome! Keep us posted. I'm really thinking about purchasing one. Looks like they build some nice stuff and some really fast cars. My kid will probably end up with my hurst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    @blackbirdws6
    What do you think so far?
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy_z For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy_z View Post
    @blackbirdws6
    What do you think so far?
    I didn't get a chance to toss it in but hopefully soon.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Walter Devine
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 2002 Z28

Back when mine was a 6 speed I Went from stock, to hurst, to Kirban, Then Finally a PRo 5.0. My Hurst was a POS. Springs were weak or something. On a hard shift the shaft would slide up out of the socket and go back to neutral, or get stuck in a gear. The PRO 5.0 I made a custom stick with a ball froma snapper lawnmower. It worked pretty good.
    however at the LS fest this year Hinson had a demo set up with this shifter. If I still had a 6 speed Id bought one that day, It was By far sweeter than my old PRO 5.0

96 Z28 LT1 stroker, cage 9 inch, spray 10.24@134.58 1.54 60
    02 Z28 edge converter, LTs, lid, cam, spray 12.0@112N/A

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

I went from a stock GM shifter (not even a Hurst) to an MGW and love it. I've never tried anything else. I don't race though, just cruise around and it's a much better upgrade than the stock one.

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Not Dave For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

@blackbirdws6. Did you get to put this in yet and try it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    @blackbirdws6. Did you get to put this in yet and try it out?

I did. I really like it but recommend going with the version with the offset handle. I had the straight handle version and felt like it was an inch too far to the right. A buddy made a spacer for me and now it's perfect IMO. Best way I can describe the shifter is like a bolt action rifle. It provides a nice direct shift with minimal effort. I also like how the shifter wants to slide from 2nd to 3rd.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

What were you running before? Notice a huge difference?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast