Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Real gassy smell like raw gas and smoke. Check your injectors and your FPR scan should show you something is off.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    I have checked everything that I can think of. including replacing 02's, MAF, map and coolant temp sensor. I am positive it is in the tune, all injectors flow the same in an injector balance test. All plugs are equally covered in black soot.

As for tuning it myself I am learning how to do that now but more with HP tuners on my OBDII truck. The LT1 blazer is just a toy. and gets close to getting me in trouble everytime I drive it so it's on the back burner till the crewcab camper hauler runs perfect.
    start simple, multiply the maf tables by .95 and see if the blms come down. if the blms are showing rich then you're right, but if they are showing lean and it's dumping fuel based off that that's another issue. like my car, it had a bank 2 lean code since it was stock. I replaced o2 when I put the new motor in, and now that o2 is still lazy at idle cell 16 and goes to 160. since I've tried different o2's, tunes, etc, I'm convinced it is either the wiring or pcm. shit even the no start issue with @Ltconvert car was pcm, no check engine, everything checked fine, swapped pcm and problem is gone.

op sorry for going off topic, I'll take a look at your log and see if I see anything I recognize as odd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    If you have a .csv file of a data log, I'll take a look at it. I am NOT a tuner, but I do review data logs for people regularly for troubleshooting.
    @fullforce

Received your data log. But it's going to take a while just to get it formatted correctly. The TunerPro log has a huge amount of useful data in it, but it has hundreds of unused/empty columns, and the columns are sequenced in alphabetic order, meaning for example "Left" O2 volts, injector pulse width, etc. are somewhere toward the middle of the page, and "Right" O2 volts, pulse width, etc are way over on the right side of the page. Lots of columns need to be hidden, and others have to be moved onto a logical sequence.

I'm going to work on it, but it won't produce immediate results.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 04-18-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Wow, if its going to be trouble then please dont worry about it.
    I figured since tunerpro is free that most people used it but its probably not as good as the others.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Wow, if its going to be trouble then please dont worry about it.
    I figured since tunerpro is free that most people used it but its probably not as good as the others.
    scan9495 is free and alot easier to use. I've really been liking it lately, especially the ability to switch things on like fans or raising idle rpm with one click.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Gary has the setup in Scan9495 pretty good... for example cell#, left O2, right O2, left LTFT, right LTFT, left STFT, right STFT, left base pulse width, right base pulse width. And TTS DataMaster allowed you to select up to 30 columns to put in the .csv export, along with the order you want them in. I have a list for the DataMaster suggested setup.

I WILL take a look. I already hid about 250 wasted columns (a separate column for every OBD-1 code, and every OBD-2 code, for example). I'm moving columns into better groupings. At this point it's a challenge I want to defeat, and maybe find some interesting indications of the problem.

I only mention the possible delay, because I've run into some people that get pissy when they don't get a fast response. Not even suggesting that is the case here. Last week I did a quick review and offered some comments for someone on CZ28.com, told him I would continue to look at it. I also warned him that I do not have a lot of experience with S/C applications, since he was getting an unexplained high MAP code at idle (boost?). Then he started a new thread because "the other one didn't go anywhere". I questioned that. Then he responded telling me he went there for quick help not having to wait around for 4 or 5 days. As far as I know, he's still waiting.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Gary has the setup in Scan9495 pretty good... for example cell#, left O2, right O2, left LTFT, right LTFT, left STFT, right STFT, left base pulse width, right base pulse width. And TTS DataMaster allowed you to select up to 30 columns to put in the .csv export, along with the order you want them in. I have a list for the DataMaster suggested setup.

I WILL take a look. I already hid about 250 wasted columns (a separate column for every OBD-1 code, and every OBD-2 code, for example). I'm moving columns into better groupings. At this point it's a challenge I want to defeat, and maybe find some interesting indications of the problem.

I only mention the possible delay, because I've run into some people that get pissy when they don't get a fast response. Not even suggesting that is the case here. Last week I did a quick review and offered some comments for someone on CZ28.com, told him I would continue to look at it. I also warned him that I do not have a lot of experience with S/C applications, since he was getting an unexplained high MAP code at idle (boost?). Then he started a new thread because "the other one didn't go anywhere". I questioned that. Then he responded telling me he went there for quick help not having to wait around for 4 or 5 days. As far as I know, he's still waiting.

lol
    Thanks guys, If I ever get a freakin laptop datalogging will be much easier.... I just dont need it for ANYTHING except datalogging witch I wont even do anymore once my car is running fine.
    I had to sit my desktop from my shop in the rear floor and monitor in the passenger seat, all hooked up to an inverter just to get those logs LOL!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Looked over the driveability file. It's in open loop at the start, target (programmed) idle speed is 800 RPM. Coolant temp is high enough that it is not affecting the targeted idle speed.

The good:

- system voltage is healthy.

- coolant temp steady at about 172 - 176*F. A bit on the cool side, and may contribute to a slight fuel smell in the exhaust if you don't have a cat.

- system goes into closed loop exactly when it is supposed to at 206 seconds.

- RPM is within +/- 25 RPM of program value. IAC is a bit high at mid 80's. You only let it idle in open loop. Did not operate at idle in closed loop.

- TPS is OK at 0.61 volts closed.

- advance at idle is in the range of 17 - 21-deg.

The questionable:

- MAF flow looks high for 800 RPM. What's the LSA on the cam? High overlap can lead to higher than expected mass air flow. For a stock cam, I would expect MAF to be in the range of 6 - 10 grams/second. Yours is about 12.5. My stock LT1 flowed about 6.0 G/S at 800 RPM idle. High air flow results in high injector pulse widths. Again.... about 2 mSec or less expected, vs. 5.5 mSec in your log. Since it's in open loop the Cell 16 BLM's and INT's are locked at 128. O2 readings average 900 mV, which is rich.

- MAP at idle runs around 55-60 kPa. Cam overlap can account for that. Stock will run 35 kPa. Again, without knowing the LSA it's hard to tell. Could be normal. MAP sensor is OK, since it gets the barometric pressure right.

The unanswered:

If I understand the issues correctly, you feel it runs rich at idle. In open loop that is correct. No data for closed loop. You never drove under 53 MPH. But appears the MAF calibration may be a bit off at low flow. Tubby seemed to be on the right track.

You indicated that there is surge when you hold the throttle steady, with TP% less than 10% and at "parking lot speeds". Above 10% throttle, the RPM seems to be fairly steady. Below 10% there is a slight increase in RPM variation, but you were driving at 60 MPH, not parking lot speeds. Looking at idle with the 8-bit resolution means we can only see changes in 25 RPM increments. You need to look at the 16-bit resolution, but that does not appear to be included in the TunerPro record. I think Gary may even have used that field for something else in Scan9495. DataMaster shows it. Every once in a while there is a quirky number for MAP, or for MAF values, but not enough to suspect any problems with the sensors.

Advance is very steady at constant throttle position.

Is EVAP programmed out? The system commands 100% duty cycle a large part of the time, but I can't see anything happening to indicate there is actually any flow. I saw you mention EGR is programmed out.

You only drove in closed loop in four different cells, out of the 18 available. BLM's:

Cell 2 - 128 left / 129 right

Cell 6 - 117 left / 118 right

Cell 10 - 121 left / 121 right

Cell 11 - 124 left / 126 right

I'll continue with the WOT log.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 04-18-2017 at 03:20 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    I have checked everything that I can think of. including replacing 02's, MAF, map and coolant temp sensor. I am positive it is in the tune, all injectors flow the same in an injector balance test. All plugs are equally covered in black soot.

As for tuning it myself I am learning how to do that now but more with HP tuners on my OBDII truck. The LT1 blazer is just a toy. and gets close to getting me in trouble everytime I drive it so it's on the back burner till the crewcab camper hauler runs perfect.
    I had a similar problem and discovered that my tuner decided to give me an open loop tune even though I asked for closed loop maf. He's quite popular online but his tunes were nothing but problems, so I took the initiative and tuned it myself.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

That timing seems super lazy at idle for a cammed car.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast