Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: w00t!

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    ethan
    Vehicle
    1996 Caprice 9c1

Default w00t!

Got the letter i been waitin on for a few months. I get to go for testing on the 27th!!

20170109_120956.jpg

Plumbers and pipefitters local 94!!! Hopin i can get thru and be done with these dead end jobs!
    Nothin i have runs...

1996 LT1 Caprice 9C1. wrecked and rebuilt out of 32 cars... or more.
    1987 Chevy V20. New Huckleberry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shilaeli Hugger For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shilaeli Hugger View Post
    Got the letter i been waitin on for a few months. I get to go for testing on the 27th!!

20170109_120956.jpg

Plumbers and pipefitters local 94!!! Hopin i can get thru and be done with these dead end jobs!
    B book or a book? Service or welder? I'm b book service in local 475 nj. Best thing I ever did. Benefits and pay make life decent. But it is hard work. @Ltconvert is local 475 service tech too and @firebird_1995 is a fitter in Illinois local.

Don't be late, expect a piss test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    ethan
    Vehicle
    1996 Caprice 9c1

Thanks. Im not sure on which book. I applied for buolding and my buddy applied on residential. Im not exactly sure cuz it was back in october we applied.

Piss test like illegal drugs? I havent done any of that.

O and i applied as a welder.
    Nothin i have runs...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shilaeli Hugger For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shilaeli Hugger View Post
    Thanks. Im not sure on which book. I applied for buolding and my buddy applied on residential. Im not exactly sure cuz it was back in october we applied.

Piss test like illegal drugs? I havent done any of that.

O and i applied as a welder.
    Only thing that sucks about fitter work is that it's seasonal and large construction dependant, hence why I'm b book service. I work year round and get a van

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Congrats man...

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Congrats man. My step-dad was a Fitter for Fluor and Dupont for over 25 years. Great money but helluva drive from where we lived.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Good luck on your upcoming test. Right now (as far as I've heard work is country wide) welders are in demand. That will be the quickest way to go to work. But like shaun said, it is seasonal. In my experience it is feast/famine for a welder unless you want to travel. You have to learn how to budget and put up money during the feast to live during the famine. I actually enjoyed the short term stuff as I was always doing something different and it gave me time to work on my cars, and spend time with my family. Of course during this time there was no money coming in so at times it could be nerve-wracking. Overall the best thing you could do is try to gravitate towards the hvac/r service if they offer it. A good service tech will ALWAYS have work, with the best (in my opinion) a 40 hour a week steady gig with spot overtime. I live in one of the few states where the state funded jobs are prevailing rate (for now), and landed a job at a prison. It is a little less than what I could make in a truck as a steady but if I'm fortunate enough to make it to retirement, it will be better in the long run. Like anything in this trade, all gambles. Good luck and let us know how you do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    Good luck on your upcoming test. Right now (as far as I've heard work is country wide) welders are in demand. That will be the quickest way to go to work. But like shaun said, it is seasonal. In my experience it is feast/famine for a welder unless you want to travel. You have to learn how to budget and put up money during the feast to live during the famine. I actually enjoyed the short term stuff as I was always doing something different and it gave me time to work on my cars, and spend time with my family. Of course during this time there was no money coming in so at times it could be nerve-wracking. Overall the best thing you could do is try to gravitate towards the hvac/r service if they offer it. A good service tech will ALWAYS have work, with the best (in my opinion) a 40 hour a week steady gig with spot overtime. I live in one of the few states where the state funded jobs are prevailing rate (for now), and landed a job at a prison. It is a little less than what I could make in a truck as a steady but if I'm fortunate enough to make it to retirement, it will be better in the long run. Like anything in this trade, all gambles. Good luck and let us know how you do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Damn fitters, bleeding the fund dry. I see it every time in the UA journal LOL.

a good fitter will always have work. We have one on staff that has a van and gets foreman rate all week, works a 40 hour + week.

Service if you're good you're always in demand, and it's always something different. I couldn't afford the feast/famine and driving my own car crap

2021 Charger Scat 392

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    ethan
    Vehicle
    1996 Caprice 9c1

Haha thanks guys. Lot of good opinions n views. Hopin i do get steady hours but i wont complain either way. This is best outlook for a job ive had in 2 yrs of bein jobless. Short famine wont bother me too much... im irish... always got a tater near by haha
    Nothin i have runs...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shilaeli Hugger For This Post: