Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

You might send them a note telling them about your findings. You'll then see what kind of company they run dependent on their response. It never hurts.

I keep going back to the haunting images of your fuel rails and injectors. Was that just dessert dust that had gotten into the fuel system over the years? It's creepy! I assume you cleaned out the rails. Did it also gum up the pressure regulator?

Sorry to hear about the header issue, sucks big time. At least now you have figured out that problem and maybe it'll be the last.

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dave View Post
    You might send them a note telling them about your findings. You'll then see what kind of company they run dependent on their response. It never hurts.

I keep going back to the haunting images of your fuel rails and injectors. Was that just dessert dust that had gotten into the fuel system over the years? It's creepy! I assume you cleaned out the rails. Did it also gum up the pressure regulator?

Sorry to hear about the header issue, sucks big time. At least now you have figured out that problem and maybe it'll be the last.
    True, at least I now KNOW where the issue is. I will call them monday morning and see what happens. But if I am honest, would rather just have a welder fix it. these would be an absolute pain in the #$% to remove.

The fuel rails were completely cleaned as well as the FPR. There are many theories of what caused it.

It was a white chalky powder. That eroded were the metal (tubes) meet the aluminum rails. It also could be the reaction of metal/aluminum and charge (electricity flowing to the injectors). Water/aluminum/metal have a highly acidic/corrosive reaction to each other over time. This has been documented in aviation. So who knows.... It is clean now..
    97 SS Camaro M6 - 383 LT1, Scat Rotating assembly, KB Icon flattops (11.8:1), HBR ported heads, LE 244/252@.050 107 LSA, Speed engineering Stainless Longtubes/ORY, 42.5# sprayers, Racetronix Pump, more to come
    05 Hummer H2 - Bone stock save the rims and tires,,, for now

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Spoke with Speed Engineering today - They are willing to exchange the headers. However given the amount of )(*& in the ((**& it would be to remove them, i will see if a good exhaust shop can fix them first. Anyway, just wanted to update anyone looking at this thread that may Judge the headers otherwise. It was a good chat and his willingness to correct the issue was on par.
    97 SS Camaro M6 - 383 LT1, Scat Rotating assembly, KB Icon flattops (11.8:1), HBR ported heads, LE 244/252@.050 107 LSA, Speed engineering Stainless Longtubes/ORY, 42.5# sprayers, Racetronix Pump, more to come

That sucks about the headers. I definitely know how you feel. I've been through 2 different sets, both were on and off multiple times.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

With these long tubes and no lift... removing them is almost imposable.... so yeah... will be taking it to a shop, been to busy lately and with NAMM next weekend, odds are it will be 2 weeks before I can get anything done it...

Sucks about the headers, but the fact that they were willing to exchange them speaks well for the company. Hopefully you can have them fixed without having to remove them.

Nice build you have going, will you be throwing it on the dyno or taking it to the strip at all?
    2009 G8 GT - cam, bolt-ons
    410 rwhp, 388 rwtq
    12.50 @ 113.9

Woah I have a set of speed engineering long tube headers I'm going to install soon. I hope I don't have any leaks :fingers crossed:

Hopefully everything works out for the best good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Any updates @Gette ?

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123