Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by F.G. View Post
    Yea I was pissed at first, but if it hadn't happened I wouldn't be painting the car any time soon.
    "Everything happens for a reason."

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Its been a while since I posted anything, I've been working almost non-stop, but I did get my car back from paint a couple of weeks ago. I had them paint the trim around the windshield back to semi gloss and I bought an NOS nose emblem from GM to freshen the car up even more.

When I first got it back, it had a few swirl marks from them polishing the paint. Luckily I was able to remove them with Mequiars scratchX. That stuff works miracles if used properly.

I also added some stripes on the hood to make it stand out from other C4's that have been popping up in town lately. And finally, I waxed it for some shine and protection.

I'm now saving up for weatherstripping. Money is a bit tight since I started school again just so I can finally finish with my degree, and my girl and I are also trying to buy a house soon. Nevertheless, this car will not be neglected.
    1992 Corvette A4: Long Tubes, duals with circle track mufflers, cut lid, 17x9.5/17x11 deep dish ZR1's on 275 Nitto 555 front, 315 Nitto 555 rears, Performabuilt level 2 700R4 w/ FTI 3200 Stall, PCM For Less tune, C5 Brake Swap, more to come....

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

She is looking great man!!!

OWNER/ADMIN

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    She is looking great man!!!

OWNER/ADMIN
    Thanks man! Im glad I got it painted, it looks so much better. I've gotten a few offers from people wanting to buy it. Someone even went to the body shop to try to buy it. I'll never sell it though, I'm attached to it.
    1992 Corvette A4: Long Tubes, duals with circle track mufflers, cut lid, 17x9.5/17x11 deep dish ZR1's on 275 Nitto 555 front, 315 Nitto 555 rears, Performabuilt level 2 700R4 w/ FTI 3200 Stall, PCM For Less tune, C5 Brake Swap, more to come....

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thanks man! Im glad I got it painted, it looks so much better. I've gotten a few offers from people wanting to buy it. Someone even went to the body shop to try to buy it. I'll never sell it though, I'm attached to it.
    Thats great man. I get it. I miss my c4 all the time...

OWNER/ADMIN

Lurker

Status

A couple of weeks ago I finished the weatherstripping and blacked out the lights (I'll have pics when I get my car back), then it started running bad. I'd accelerate and it felt strong, then all of a sudden it would completely cut out. No stumbling, the rpm would just drop. Then it would continue running strong. It's so weird. Idle was also fluctuating after that and the car would sometimes die on me while idling. I immediately took the car to my buddy's shop to have him diagnose it as well as fix some small stuff here and there like header exhaust leaks and a new oil leak. While it's in there he's also going to do some maintenance such as spark plugs and coil etc. I mentioned to him I wanted to do a cam swap sometime soon and he said he'd be able to get me whatever parts I wanted at a discount. Well my girl and I are weeks away from buying our first house so I figured after the house was here it would probably be years till I'd be able to dump a large amount of money into this car. Therefore the decision was made to go ahead and do the swap now.

This is will be a mild setup since there won't be any money left for a gear swap(expensive in C4's) and so I can use a mail order tune for an extended period.

im going with the comp cams 502 as well as comp 1.6 RR, comp 918 springs, their lifters, pushrods, timing set, new oil pump drive gear, gasket set, new cap and rotor (if it doesn't need a whole new opti) etc. still trying to decide on a tuner @MoeHorsePower ?
    Last edited by F.G.; 11-06-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

A couple of weeks ago I finished the weatherstripping and blacked out the lights (I'll have pics when I get my car back), then it started running bad. I'd accelerate and it felt strong, then all of a sudden it would completely cut out. No stumbling, the rpm would just drop. Then it would continue running strong. It's so weird. Idle was also fluctuating after that and the car would sometimes die on me while idling. I immediately took the car to my buddy's shop to have him diagnose it as well as fix some small stuff here and there like header exhaust leaks and a new oil leak. While it's in there he's also going to do some maintenance such as spark plugs and coil etc. I mentioned to him I wanted to do a cam swap sometime soon and he said he'd be able to get me whatever parts I wanted at a discount. Well my girl and I are weeks away from buying our first house so I figured after the house was here it would probably be years till I'd be able to dump a large amount of money into this car. Therefore the decision was made to go ahead and do the swap now.

This is will be a mild setup since there won't be any money left for a gear swap(expensive in C4's) and so I can use a mail order tune for an extended period.

im going with the comp cams 502 as well as comp 1.6 RR, comp 918 springs, their lifters, pushrods, timing set, new oil pump drive gear, gasket set, new cap and rotor (if it doesn't need a whole new opti) etc. still trying to decide on a tuner @MoeHorsePower ?
    Shouldve just went cc503

Sounds like opti failing

Yeah moe is around here somewhere

I want a c4 nice car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

@Tubby Z28 I'm actually going to disagree with you. I think the CC502 is a PERFECT cam choice for a stock headed car. The 503 will work and make just a tad bit more power, but the 502 comes on a lot harder under the curve and has a broader powerband. It's a REALLY good stock head cam for a mild setup, and should make around 345-350 RWHP AND RWTQ with supporting mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    @Tubby Z28 I'm actually going to disagree with you. I think the CC502 is a PERFECT cam choice for a stock headed car. The 503 will work and make just a tad bit more power, but the 502 comes on a lot harder under the curve and has a broader powerband. It's a REALLY good stock head cam for a mild setup, and should make around 345-350 RWHP AND RWTQ with supporting mods.
    I made that with a hotcam and bolt ons. I was just thinkin he wont have to change the cam later if he goes bigger heads to make even more. My hotcam bolt on car would pull a half a car on a le2 headed 228/234 cam full bolt on car up to 5500, then he would walk back up. Either that was oddly a good combo (had 2.73 gears and stock stall LOL) or there was somethint funky about my combo

Op, have you considered having @NightTrain66 (lloyd) spec a cam for the combo? He charges $300 for a cast core custom grind for your build. he also sells and recommends valve springs etc.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    I made that with a hotcam and bolt ons. I was just thinkin he wont have to change the cam later if he goes bigger heads to make even more. My hotcam bolt on car would pull a half a car on a le2 headed 228/234 cam full bolt on car up to 5500, then he would walk back up. Either that was oddly a good combo (had 2.73 gears and stock stall LOL) or there was somethint funky about my combo

Op, have you considered having @NightTrain66 (lloyd) spec a cam for the combo? He charges $300 for a cast core custom grind for your build. he also sells and recommends valve springs etc

@Fastbird thats exactly what I want out of this cam. @Tubbyz28 It does feel like the opti. The first time it failed six years ago, the symptoms were not exactly the same, but it just feels like it. The original plan was to do a complete LE2 combo, but that would require a lot more money. I got everything for the swap all the way down to the gaskets for $625 all brand new from Comp Cams. My buddy who owns the shop got it all for pretty much half off. Now all I gotta worry about is getting a good tune.

I'm definitely not cutting any corners, its all getting done right with good parts, but it is also a budget build because our new house (payments, etc) is priority from now on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to F.G. For This Post:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast