Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: quick strut

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    94 z24 a4

Default quick strut

does anyone know, or can post a link for a full strut and spring comb that bolt in already together. like the monroe quick strut

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I just checked my shops Napa Pro Link account and nothing came up for a 95 Camaro. They might not be made in that fashion, commonly referred to as simply a "Quick Strut".

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I just checked my shops Napa Pro Link account and nothing came up for a 95 Camaro. They might not be made in that fashion, commonly referred to as simply a "Quick Strut".

Just out of curisoty what do you run in your car Fastbird?
    Monroe or KYB adjustables and why?
    I can get either 1 thru work for a good deal and I am getting ready to get shocks and struts for the Camaro, I can get shocks,struts and a reman R/P for about 650 (KYB) for it all and I only want to buy this stuff once so please let me know what you and everybody else like and why.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Madman337 View Post
    Just out of curisoty what do you run in your car Fastbird?
    Monroe or KYB adjustables and why?
    I can get either 1 thru work for a good deal and I am getting ready to get shocks and struts for the Camaro, I can get shocks,struts and a reman R/P for about 650 (KYB) for it all and I only want to buy this stuff once so please let me know what you and everybody else like and why.
    I run BMR with double adjustable QA1's. And ran the KYB AGX for a while with the BMR's. And I was happy with the setup.

Though I am strongly considering going to a Viking setup.
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    I run BMR with double adjustable QA1's. And ran the KYB AGX for a while with the BMR's. And I was happy with the setup.

Though I am strongly considering going to a Viking setup.
    Yeah I can get the AGXs from work too, so you liked them huh?
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Madman337 View Post
    Yeah I can get the AGXs from work too, so you liked them huh?
    @Madman337 there a good shock. You pay the same as Bilsteins. But you get adjustability to match your spring choice.
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle

Thank you. I was kinda leaning toward them because of their adjustablility vs the Monroes and I wanted to hear feedback from somebody who has actually used them.

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

OP, give the design of our upper A arm assembly IDK if there is a complete assembly.

Madmad, I've had the KYB AGX's, they were a good shock for the money bu they didn't do what I needed them to do. The adjust-ability of them is equal for extension and compression. Meaning unlike a drag shock where you adjust each individually when you loosen an AGX the front will extend and compress at the same rate not just extension. When you stiffen it, again it's both directions so the entire ride is stiffer. The shock is deffinatly adjustable just not what I needed for drag racing.
    Last edited by 96LT1355Z28; 09-08-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

You would need the assembly to include the upper spring seat/shock mount. Technically, it's not a "strut", but a coil-over-shock assembly. I've got the QA1 single-adjustables, with their drag springs, and as good as they are for drag use, they didn't impress me for street use. I suspect the double adjustables would be better for the street, and either gives you the ability to adjust ride height as well.

Really not that hard to break down the assembly yourself. I used a Lisle strut compressor and it worked fine. One advantage of the Lisle compressor is that the spring coils are locked in the compressor with u-bolts, significantly reducing the risk of the spring shooting out of the compressor. The adjustable lower spring seat on the QA1, available with a thin roller bearing, solves the problem of reconstructing the correct alignment of the lower shock bolts and the upper spring shock mount bolts.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.