Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want your hood @Formula218. Haha. Also like the 315s all the way around

Making you silky smooth...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by ZOHAN View Post
    I want your hood @Formula218. Haha. Also like the 315s all the way around

You know its a wrap...right.

LTXtech.com is my drug.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

I want the style... edit* or cf would be ok too... haha

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MeanTA For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeanTA View Post
    You will have to run a 10.5 or 11 inch wheel(rear wheel all around) with a spacer.

In theory it may sound cool to run some big tires up front. But it hurts your cars handling ability extremely. Like said it will cause your car to track. And become unpredictable.

My track setup was a 295/315 which was big as I dared to go. And reason I chose that over a 275/295 setup was due to my wieght and brakes I was using. So I could enter the turns hotter and push through turns faster without pushing myself off the track.

For your safety I strongly recommend against this setup.

not to mention you will cook your powersteering pump and eventually your rack running big fronts. it has even been seen as a problem from guys on ffrax.com running 275's on the front. i noticed my fluid gets pretty hot and nasty on my local twisties with my fronts and alignment settings. and the tracking, holy hell. sometimes it drives me insane
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by TubbyZ28 View Post
    not to mention you will cook your powersteering pump and eventually your rack running big fronts. it has even been seen as a problem from guys on ffrax.com running 275's on the front. i noticed my fluid gets pretty hot and nasty on my local twisties with my fronts and alignment settings. and the tracking, holy hell. sometimes it drives me insane
    My pump is already shot lol, I was thinking about running an electric motor on the power steering pump once I get a new one to keep it from having to spin 6000+ rpm all the time and not spining fast enough at idle.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Eh, just give turn one a call and have them rebuild your pump, then install a cooler.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX AUTOX GURU!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TubbyZ28 View Post
    My car saw very very little street time. So I never had issues with my 275 or 295 fronts.
    @fullforce I can only give my opinion on this. And final decision is up to you. But I have been track racing my TA's for 10 years. And have ran many different setups over the years. Till I found the best possible setup for our cars.

I know running 315 on all 4 corners may seem visually pleasing. And read about others running this setup. But there is a reason why you don't commonly see this on track cars like mine. Because you want best traction with least amount of resistance. And full lock to lock without interference is very important. Along with some classes won't allow you to get on track with spacers.

I actually ran against a guy that was in my region. That ran a 245/275 on his 3rd gen. And he is one of the top in the field at each event. And over the years took home a lot of 1st place finishes. Basically bigger isn't always bigger. Visual appeal should be after function.

I want to point out im not talking down to anyone's setup. Because to each there own. All I can say is what works best and safest.
    94 Trans am. Built 383/T56(437/409) Wilwoods, tubular suspension, QA1/BMR, Watts Link. Stripped down and set to kill!

Twin Tubo build underway. !GOING AFTER LTX STANDING MILE RECORD!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeanTA For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

It defiantly looks good, but maybe I should just look into a different wheel setup and stick to the 275/315s

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Sorry, my post came out wrong. I wasnt talking down in any way. Whatever suits you is up to you. Its your car, you build it how you please. I was more stating that it can be more of a hassle to run those in the front than 275's or smaller as @MeanTA pretty much stated. Only reason i run em is so i can flip fronts to back when i buy new rears, and i like how it feels in turns. I also run a kinda aggresive alignment on the front which is why i have some tracking issues.

All in all, run what you need and like. But bigger isnt always better
    2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast