Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

duhhhh. ... I just realized, in the picture the torque arm has been removed. That's why the pinion shaft rotated upward and moved the driveshaft upwards. Or was it like that BEFORE you removed the torque arm?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    duhhhh. ... I just realized, in the picture the torque arm has been removed. That's why the pinion shaft rotated upward and moved the driveshaft upwards. Or was it like that BEFORE you removed the torque arm?
    Shit i just noticed that now that you said something lol @383z
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Would be interested in seeing how this one worked out.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    94 Z28

ditto, alignment issues without the torque arm installed is not surprising...

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

Ok, that make a lot of sense and I did know that. Thanks everyone! I was going to start cutting up the safety to make it work. I'm so glad I didn't.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

My umi is doing the same exact thing... I ended up lowering my trans cross member with some spacers.... Maybe it's a UMI defect?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstss View Post
    My umi is doing the same exact thing... I ended up lowering my trans cross member with some spacers.... Maybe it's a UMI defect?
    Were you seeing the DS up close to the top of the DS loop, WITHOUT the torque torque arm in place? That would appear to be the cause of what should turn out to be a non-problem for the original poster (383z).

Yes even with the torque arm not on the axel it was still rubbing. All I did was space my bmr trans mount x member and lower the tail shaft slightly. It gave me like 3/4 inch clearance.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstss View Post
    Yes even with the torque arm not on the axel it was still rubbing. All I did was space my bmr trans mount x member and lower the tail shaft slightly. It gave me like 3/4 inch clearance.
    Without the torque arm is EXACTLY when it would be most likely to rub.

Do you have the BMR trans mount cross-member because you did a transmission conversion? That might have contributed in the change in trans height, as will the choice of transmission mount. I don't think this is a typical problem with the BMR component.

Yep put in a th350 and it was rubbing with the torque arm on and off. In order to get it to clear without moving the x member my pinion angle was way off... The th350 has a solid mount, I was gonna put in a poly mount off my old x member but it was taller and would push the tail shaft shaft further up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast