Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Anyone ever heard of something like this?

Sitting here pondering car audio, smartphones, and the like. Touchscreen car stereos are the in thing, and that Pioneer app radio is pretty slick. Everything has iPod integration, but nothing really for android stuff.

How about say a 7" touchscreen stereo and companion app. When your android phone is plugged into the stereo, the app runs on the phone and the stereo display is that of the phone. Only certain apps would be available for use like music apps, navigation, photo slideshow, etc. Web browsing and video playback enabled with the typical e brake hookup.

I think this would be an amazing way to integrate smart phone technology with car audio. Your phone essentially is your stereo, nav, etc and the stereo is merely a big convenient displayed your phone.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

I think you might be on to something there cause I am somebody who likes the Android platform and not so much Apple, how about this. Ipod AND Android support.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

InActive Member

Status

Yea that would be nice. In my car I just plug up to aux and turn on pandora never the radio or CDs. My truck is stuck in the Stone Age though, just standard 2004 pioneer cheap CD player that I got when I was still in high school. Back in the day if I was in the car for more than 3 hours I would plug up to aux with my laptop and plug in the power inverter and hit my music library and never hear the same song twice.

Now: m6, 24x conversion, full bolt ons, fullish suspension
    In the works: forged 355, le2, th400, 9", direct port 200 shot. Ton of weight reduction!

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Silverado, 1993 Del Sol

not really the same thing but I put in an android tablet in the dash flush mounted. it has navigation and all the other apps and I use my phones hotspot to get internet on it.. i digg

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

Check out appradio 3 and appradio unleashed on youtube.

Pretty badass.

phone has has to be rooted, however to get full access.
    Last edited by donfrye; 07-28-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

@donfrye I'll look into it. I've been impressed with the appradio lineup.
    @eirik that's kind of the effect I'd like to get but with a true stereo that pairs with your smartphone.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Wow. Appradio 3 is doggone close to what I was thinking about. Very very impressive.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Im not up on all the latest terms...but I need to post up some of the creative electronic "builds" that the suv crowd have done on the tahoe/yukon/escalade forum im on...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

I think you need the mirror link cable and root access to make it work like the videos.

if our @meissen is the same guy who used to post at mp3 car, he's the guy to talk to about this stuff.

I've been really considering fabbing a fiberglass bezel for my cd storage arena and mounting a nexus 7 there. Then, using a cheap mechless kenwood as the center because you still need something in there to tell everyone where to go.

The problems that come up doing that stuff are simple everyday operations like when to turn off, stopping/starting songs when you turn off the car etc.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

But my carPC has been dead for over a year... I think the motherboard or the hard drive (standard drive, not a laptop drive) took a shit from too much vibrations. I really want to pick it back up and I was thinking about running Android on it.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast