Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    tony
    Vehicle
    95 z28 camaro

Default 95 camaro timing

Hey guys. So I have a 95 z28. Motor is a 383 running the hot cam. I have gotten it running really well but experience some difficulties with getting the timing. I have the tables set up to running a max of 35 degrees. I have been data logging it and the logs are showing an average of 3 to 4 degrees more timing then when I have put in the tables. I have checked everything that I can think of that would add timing but have not been able to find it. Is there something that I am missing. I'm using tuner cats. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by red95z View Post
    Hey guys. So I have a 95 z28. Motor is a 383 running the hot cam. I have gotten it running really well but experience some difficulties with getting the timing. I have the tables set up to running a max of 35 degrees. I have been data logging it and the logs are showing an average of 3 to 4 degrees more timing then when I have put in the tables. I have checked everything that I can think of that would add timing but have not been able to find it. Is there something that I am missing. I'm using tuner cats. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    If it's running well what are you worried about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    tony
    Vehicle
    95 z28 camaro

Trying to get the most out of the car so when adjusting the timing tables it throws me off.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

The computer adds a set amount of timing depending on RPM, it's about 3-4 degrees up top @ WOT. Nothing you can do about it but subtract a few degrees from the min advance tables.

How much timing you need depends on combustion chamber efficiency, effective quench, octane, etc. Details on the setup?
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Yep... the mysterious 3-degrees. Been talked about for years. At one point I suspected it might be an offset value as a function of inlet air temp. Seemed like it disappeared when the IAT reached 140* sitting in traffic, A/C on, and heat soaked the duct and the sensor. Never found any verification of that though. Gave up the stock PCM in 2000 and never had any reason to care.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Actually seen some discussion on this a few days ago. Asked the guy to come here and clarify but haven't seen him show up yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

What Tubby, Cat and everyone else said, People get data logging software then worry about numbers, Give the motor what it wants, If its running good, no detonation ect then dont worry about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    tony
    Vehicle
    95 z28 camaro

thanks for the input. guess I will keep adjusting for it in the min advance tables. Going to get it on the dyno again and see what I can get it to put down in the next couple weeks. Last time it was very depressing but figure that was due to the transmission and torque converter failing.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by red95z View Post
    thanks for the input. guess I will keep adjusting for it in the min advance tables. Going to get it on the dyno again and see what I can get it to put down in the next couple weeks. Last time it was very depressing but figure that was due to the transmission and torque converter failing.
    The eex def has alot of cool stuff in it that can get you in trouble, along with explanations, like I figured out why my car was acting like trash and here it was because I completely disabled ccp which stops pcm from going to all fueling tables

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    The eex def has alot of cool stuff in it that can get you in trouble, along with explanations, like I figured out why my car was acting like trash and here it was because I completely disabled ccp which stops pcm from going to all fueling tables

True, there is a whole lot of areas that do not need to be tampered with, even tuner cats has a lot of parameters, people start getting into these tables and start changing numbers then their car is all screwed up, GM calibration is pretty dam good straight from the factory up to a point.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast