Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: LT1 into FD?

Default LT1 into FD?

So For quite a while I have wanted to put my Firebird aside and move on to building an LS1/T56 FD RX7. But as of late i've been thinking LT1 power, my plan is to pull the Forged 6.0 that has 100 miles on it out of my bird. Then ill have the stock motor rebuilt and throw the XFI280 and valvetrain in that and put it back in the bird. Next get an FD chassis and presumably put the 6.0 LTX and another T56 in it, with a big turbo of course. I have no desire for more than 600 hp in that little car, my 370 is good for way more than that so unless this just cant work I have no reason to invest more into an LSX. Now for my first hurdles:

1)I cannot find ONE LT1 swapped FD on the web?
    2)How much heavier is an LTX than LSX?
    3)Is their a Reason no one does this?
    4)Whats the name of that company that custom makes plug and play harnesses?

Im not sure when ill get the chassis but im going to get the old motor rebuilt this or next week. Hopefully ill be well under way by summer.
    96' Black Formula WS6 M6 hardtop!-Forged 4-bolt 6.0L,9.2:1 comp, XFI280, 150 shot~needs BOOST!
    95' Yota Xtra Cab- 5 spd, 22re, too much fun
    04' TRX450r-63rwhp stk bore/strk, completely built.

VIP Member

Status

I think on #4 you're refering to painless wiring
    Stress defined: the tension caused when the mind overides the body's basic desire to choke the living crap out of some @** hole that desperately needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8prk View Post
    I think on #4 you're refering to painless wiring

ah ya that was the company thanks...anyone else?
    96' Black Formula WS6 M6 hardtop!-Forged 4-bolt 6.0L,9.2:1 comp, XFI280, 150 shot~needs BOOST!
    95' Yota Xtra Cab- 5 spd, 22re, too much fun
    04' TRX450r-63rwhp stk bore/strk, completely built.

InActive Member

Status

http://www.v8rx7forum.com/content.php

I know a few local V8 RX-7 guys are on that site and they said there is a lot of useful information.

On that home page there is a book about how to do the swaps, highly recommended, (included was a wiring diagram used for the LT1 swaps...) and dont worry there are plenty of LT1 RX-7s around, the principle of a high school down here drives one but its got the 4l60E
    Last edited by Joker Z28; 01-05-2010 at 09:17 AM.