Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: Head Unit

VIP Member

Status

Default Head Unit

I've been looking for a dead head for my car but the only company I know that makes them is Alpine and it's the 79xx series. Anyone know another company that sales them or has one they wanna sale?
    94Z28: LT1-Moroso CAI-Edlebrock Shorties-3" stainless to a bullet dumped befor the axle !air and !egr-Trick Flow smooth elbow-MSD Opti-M6, 1.7" drop Sprortlines/ JL Audio 300/4 to run the mids and highs

When I got my Z I was LT1 stupid... got shorties, not mid's... lol

VIP Member

Status

C'mon... Someone has to know?
    94Z28: LT1-Moroso CAI-Edlebrock Shorties-3" stainless to a bullet dumped befor the axle !air and !egr-Trick Flow smooth elbow-MSD Opti-M6, 1.7" drop Sprortlines/ JL Audio 300/4 to run the mids and highs

Green Machine

Status

When I hear the term "dead head" I think of a grateful dead fan. What exactly are you talking about? I have an alpine CDA-9835 in my car and its probably a few years old by now. Why are you referring to 79xx series? Need more info for us to help ya man.
    Last edited by hyperzone; 10-03-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    ----==[ Erik ]==---

1996 SS - R.I.P.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

If you're talking about a 1.5din head unit for a direct fit, Alpine and Pioneer are you only options. Non-direct fit, the sky is the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Green Machine

Status

I dont think there should be anything holding you back from using an adapter plate to fill the edges. Looks good when done right (at least IMO). Here's mine back when I had the sony MEX-1HD

And here's my current Alpine CDA-9835
    ----==[ Erik ]==---

1996 SS - R.I.P.

VIP Member

Status

Sorry, didn't realize I am the only one to call them dead heads.. Um... An unpowered head unit with only pre-outs for amps... Like the Alpine CDA 7995 I"m looking for the clearest sound I can get out of my car....

Quote Originally Posted by bidicamaro View Post
    Sorry, didn't realize I am the only one to call them dead heads.. Um... An unpowered head unit with only pre-outs for amps... Like the Alpine CDA 7995 I"m looking for the clearest sound I can get out of my car....
    Oh thats what you mean, Eclipse makes one with 3 8V pre-outs.

CD7200