Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Hybrid View

VIP Member

Status

Default Need some ideas for a winter business!

Since I really cant detail any cars in the winter, I'm looking to start something new up. I'm going to be snowplowing and cleaning sidewalks for my father and using his Silverado (since the Trailblazer AKA soccer mom van wouldnt stand a fair chance against our brutal lake effect snow). So snow plowing is out of the way.. I was thinking about getting into roof shoveling. I have 2 guys that would be willing to help with that already, but what other business ideas are out there for winter time?

I can learn and adapt well and would preferably like to do something that involves me being outside and doing something winter oriented. Not electrical, plumbing, or anyother skilled trade because I dont know shit about them.

I'm in Rochester, NY too... So I dont think anyones going to have to worry about me stealing business away from them. I think theres only 2 members on this site that are within 40 miles of me. Jay Short and Joelster.

If you have an idea on how I can keep busy but still remain in college at the same time, post it up! I'm interested to hear! I'll ship someone some detailing products if they can think of something original or a good business idea and I end up using it!

THANKS!!

EDIT: MORE CRITERIA!
    ----Must be a semi-low start up cost. I'm not a rich man by any means.. If I have to throw a few hundred down to get this started, thats fine, but I dont really have a large amount to get this rolling!
    Last edited by Camaro_94; 11-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.

2008 Corvette Z06 | 2002 Corvette Z06 | 2002 NHRA Formula

Lurker

Status

Make custom beer pong tables lol
    1993 z28 - stalled and bolted

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by crows93z View Post
    Make custom beer pong tables lol
    Thats actually a damn good idea! I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff, but I wouldnt even know where to begin in making one!

2008 Corvette Z06 | 2002 Corvette Z06 | 2002 NHRA Formula

VIP Member

Status

^^lol if there was a demand for them. Op do you live around a college
    '94 Trans am - M6
    '02 NHRA vert - M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blubird View Post
    nice and mustang dont belong in the same sentence

Lurker

Status

The demand is definitely there... hell look on the internet, they sell fold up crappy tables for like $100.

InActive Member

Status

Walk dogs and shovel snow. Nobody wants to walk their dogs in winter.
    Mikie
    www.elliottsportworks.com www.speedinc.com
    Bedroom built 355!!!!!!!!

Lurker

Status

Just get creative... you're making a table people are going to get drunk around... look up some ideas on the internet and use some of your own ideas and make some sweet ones.

LTx Mod, Founding Member

Status

Start your own plowing business. Start with snowblowers in the back of that pickup/trailblazer (if they even fit) and work your way up.

Thats what I did, one of the best ideas I ever had. The best part is when you have done your time, and YOU are the one in charge because it gets big quick if you work at it.
    Nick

- 2003 SVT Cobra T56/4.6L - Pullied, Tuned, Full Intake/Exhaust, Stg3 Clutch (29k) - 483rwhp @14-15psi
    - 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke - Edge Evo II/33" BFG AT TAs/4" MBRP Turbo Back + Intake (164k)
    - 1995 Pontiac Firehawk #224 (Chameleon) - Full Bolton/Cammed/Full Suspension (71k) - 12.75 @ 107.94
    http://www.fquick.com/Fixxer777