Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: LT1 in a 240sx?

Threaded View

InActive Member

Status

Default LT1 in a 240sx?

Hey guys, so heres where im at with my LT1... I got an LS motor going in my T/A in less than a month. The setup is more than i need for the street or track but the problem is (and i have the same problem now) when i get out on the track i baby the car too much in fear of wrecking it. Dont get me wrong, ill still track the car but my thoughts are i have a motor setting here now and nothing to put it in...

I know a guy that dose N.A.S.A. racing and entry level drifting and hes telling me i should go buy a cheap 240sx body and throw the motor in that, He says he knows the swaps been done but not what alls involved. I figure if i can find one and do it i can beat it up ruthlessly on the track and not worry about it.

My LT1 deffinatly needs a rebuild so id probably beef up the bottom end and do heads and cam on it while i was at it. Im figuring a 400-450hp would be plenty of motivation for such a light little car. Id just gut it out and fab a rollcage since it would be strictly a racecar.

Luckly my pop's is a master fabricator so that parts no prob but its the actual swap i need details on. If anyone on here can point me in the right direction or has a better car suggestion for the swap/criteria let me know.

Thanks in advance guys
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am- 1 of 34 build Medium Quasar Blue