Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: Misfire

VIP Member

Status

Default Misfire

Car is missing at idle, always does it when I don't drive it for more than a few days, I lay into it for a sec and its always fine. Was down for a month waiting on master power to get my turbo back. Well while I'm at it I toss a bosch 044 at it to replace my loud ass mallory fuel pump. Well I start it and hear a miss, check fuel pressure (41psi with no vac). I have tried the following:
    Plugs
    wires
    Coil
    ICM
    Bypassing the MSD box

Still nothing, sorry for the long thread but can someone help me? It won't let me go past 4500rpm wither. I have a 1 year old AC Delco opti with maybe 6000miles on it btw.

(Yes this is also in the General Tech but I just saw thats for anything not LTX, mods can delete that if they feel it need be).

InActive Member

Status

id say opti
    1994 T\A, BBK shorties,CAI, cutout, full exhaust,MSD wires, 160* t-stat, 3.73s, cc503-1.6rr's-lunati lifters-stock pushrods FTW

VIP Member

Status

Tried a cap and rotor, old one looked horrible but not too bad behind the metal divider plate. It runs 10x better, seems like it has a good solid miss though, sounds like an old pickup. Might be just 1 cylinder it sounds like, AFRs are 17s at idle. If nothing else I'll clean this cap and rotor up and take it back and get a AC Delco....again. Maybe my old one is still under warranty....MAYBE...

VIP Member

Status

Oh and guys, for future reference, I have confirmation from Summit Racing that http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACF-1104032/ and http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850060/ are the "exact same ones" just as they put it. If I recall, GMPP optis are AC Delcos. We now have AC Delcos for $250!! I guess I'll be the first guinea pig.

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

Or a proven opti

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...=p4506.c0.m245

Myself and many others running this unit with no problems ships to you in a gm box.

VIP Member

Status

I had a 'proven' opti for about 8000 miles before it shit out, the guy(s) who own dynaspark is a friend-of-a-friend, I might try them, idk. Its not changing the opti that makes me mad ( I can pull one and put a new one on in 45min now, not even removing the turbo), its paying money for a 'good' one that just dies barely out of warranty that gets me.

InActive Member

Status

Double check that the wires are on all the way sometimes they feel like their on but they aren't haha I had this problem I would also check the fuel filter because the optimum pressure is 43.5 but at a higher rpm lik above 4500 where u said it dies it might not be getting the fuel it needs fast enough because of a shitty filter plus they're cheap and easy to change.

Cammed, bolted, Geared
    LE, UMI, Strange

VIP Member

Status

Plug wires, had NAPA Belden (the blue ones) with a lifetime warranty, problem fixed.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Or a proven opti

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...=p4506.c0.m245

Myself and many others running this unit with no problems ships to you in a gm box.

I pu my faith in the MSD billet Opti.....

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..