Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

1986 Z28 SS ?

Status

Default computer question

I have a 94 OBD1 LT1 computer with a 97 wiring harness, when i try to plug in with a diagnostic machine it will not communicate. I've tried 2 different kinds of machines, and both do the same thing. they light up, say trying to link, then failure. Anyone know what might be wrong? could my computer be bad?

InActive Member

Status

Try checking your cigarete lighter, if the fuse is blown, you will not be able to communicate with your pcm.

tia

andy schuck
    94 T/A M6, AS&M headers, high flow cat, hooker aeorchamber catback, MadZ tune, k&n cai, 3.73 gears, 02 Z06 rims, umi lower control arms, taylor 8mm plug wires, descreened maf,

1986 Z28 SS ?

Status

ya, i thought of that but its getting power to the connector, just always failing to communicate. I'm sending my computer out to pcmforless to have it checked out.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 86LT1 View Post
    ya, i thought of that but its getting power to the connector, just always failing to communicate. I'm sending my computer out to pcmforless to have it checked out.
    What ALDL connect do you have?. Is it frrom the 97?

Default PCM

SEND IT TO ION AT MADTUNER.COM HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU...
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION! 1996 Camaro Z-28 6spd, cc306 cam, 1.6rr, MSD ignition and 2-step, all bolt on's, LE2 heads, 58mm intake and TB, 3.73 gears, CSR ewp. and much more.

guys!! anyone out there. Im doing a basic cam swapp with a cc306.could i fire it up and still use my car after or do i need a computer programming right away. as soon as im dome with my cam swapp. ohh its a lt1.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged95ss View Post
    guys!! anyone out there. Im doing a basic cam swapp with a cc306.could i fire it up and still use my car after or do i need a computer programming right away. as soon as im dome with my cam swapp. ohh its a lt1.

You should be able to drive the car but I suggest getting it tuned as quick as possible, I wouldn't go wot either until after the tune, could be a little on the lean side..