Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Camaro

InActive Member

Status

just a thought.... i think it would look a lot better if you paint the whole dash black. the bezel looks a little out of place
    chris. 96 black z28

Banned

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwoodtitansz28 View Post
    just a thought.... i think it would look a lot better if you paint the whole dash black. the bezel looks a little out of place
    It actually looks really nice with the matching vents for the drivers and passenger sides. It looks really killer in person.

InActive Member

Status

im sure it does. ill take your word for it.
    chris. 96 black z28

InActive Member

Status

i just know from experience cuz i bought my car with alot of the trim painted red and some of the grey panels painted black. i had to paint the red pieces black and i hate how it looks different than the dash. but if you can live with it than thats cool. i give you props for sticking with what you think is cool. but i know suggestions are always nice too
    chris. 96 black z28

Banned

Status
    Blog Entries

I definitely appreciate your suggestion! It's just that it looked kind of crappy in the grey color, it just didn't look right. So I went ahead and had it painted black to match the color of the car.

VIP Member

Status

Sharp ride.
    ERIK-1996 Z28.

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 LT1 Camaro

Very clean SS!

94 Camaro: 10.57@127, AI H/C, stock bottom, 150 n20, TH400, 8.8 rear (11.49@119 n/a T56)
    99 Z28 1SC Stripper: 5.3, S480, Th400, MWC 9"

InActive Member

Status

Beautiful SS

Go Sox!!!!

Banned

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSS View Post
    Beautiful SS

Go Sox!!!!
    Fuckin right man! Go SOX!!

InActive Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    I will say this though, if your interested in doing the swap, you need to buy a 1997 Chevy Lumina Airbag. It took me a while to figure this one out, so I'm saving you a ton of work. The airbag harnesses are different from 97-98, and 99-2002. The 97 Lumina bag will fit perfectly and clip directly into your existing harness. Bada bing!
    Hmm, I had wondered why the 97 lumina bag was needed. I talked to you or your brother on tech a while back about the steering wheel swap (I didn't realize at the time you two were sharing the ID over there), but never got around to asking why the lumina bag was needed.

I am planning the swap and already have the wheel, and actually I already have an airbag from an 02 camaro - two of them. One of them I got with an ebony 02 dash and the other I got with an 02 steering wheel. I am thinking since I already have these bags, I will try to pick up a piece of the harness with the right connector for the bag and then splice it in with my existing wiring, it's only two wires. I would rather it be plug and play but with already having two other bags I'd really like to avoid having to track down another one. Especially since the bags I have were both basically almost free.

I'm glad I ran across this though, I was planning on doing the swap in the next week or so. I'll be glad to finally get the new wheel on, the old style wheel looks terrible with the 97+ style dash. I did the ebony dash/console swap already, just need to get the wheel in there to finish it off, and need to swap out the door panels still.

BTW- Nice looking SS! You just need a vacuum and some new interior shots I love hardtops! Aside from 93 cars, it seems like there isn't many out there. at least compared to t-top cars.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast