Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: LT1 Scanmaster

LTX Regular

Status

Default LT1 Scanmaster

Over the past weekend I installed a scanmaster in my car, I am extremely impressed what this little box can do i found it on ebay for an extremely reasonable price and couldn't pass it up.........my question is how many of you guys have one installed in your car and also are you happy with it??

i mounted mine in my AC vent above my cd player, i'll try and get pics of it this weekend when im home........
    1994 Quasar Blue Camaro Z28 - GMMG exhaust, K&N cai,Full Nitrous oulet LT1 plate, Mallory 685, LPP Long Tubes more on the way...........

VIP Member

Status

I finally got around to mounting mine. It's a great little tool as well. Mine went into the console. I just wish the vinyl that I covered my plate with was a little darker, although the camera makes it look lighter than it really is.

had one i was very happy with it. it was in a firends car and thay broke in and took it

just wanting to find one again
    93 engine, 94 intake, 3.42 gears soon,TB 52mm, 1.6 RRT, ram air, LCA, panhard bar, S10 high stall, transgo shift kit, BBK shortys, no cat, 160 temp, rear bilstein stocks, rear ls1 springs, ture duals with magnaflows,BFT transmission cooler, 99 ls1 driveshaft,subfame connectors, soon a tune and Chevron with techron and i am stock

LTX Regular

Status

finnaly got around to takin some pictures.........

sorry for the blurry picture......camera was freakin out tonight
    1994 Quasar Blue Camaro Z28 - GMMG exhaust, K&N cai,Full Nitrous oulet LT1 plate, Mallory 685, LPP Long Tubes more on the way...........

Those are kinda cool! will it only show retard? or can you get it to show total spark advance since the retard seems pointless as our cars will never be run on retarted timing, always advanced. I would like to see when I am losing some timing on the fly duie to knock
    Ryan
    1996 Trans Am WS6
    1995 Camaro Z28

LTX Regular

Status

yea it monitors 23 or 26 different things (me and the gf counted one day) and spark is in there.........its really neat i look at it more than the road sometimes when im out cruzin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_95c View Post
    yea it monitors 23 or 26 different things (me and the gf counted one day) and spark is in there.........its really neat i look at it more than the road sometimes when im out cruzin lol
    Thats pretty cool but I did some looking around and found out its only for OBD 1
    Ryan
    1996 Trans Am WS6
    1995 Camaro Z28

LTX Regular

Status

i think you can still hook it up to a OBD 2 LT1 it just wont read the DTC codes

damnit, i want one, what else does this thing display?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION, 3.73's and bolt-ons underway...

LTX Regular

Status

a ton of different things lol here's a detailed list about all it reads/scans: http://www.ssz28.com/tech/Scanmaster.html