Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Default ALDL Cables - used RS232 to OBD1 or OBD2 style

'sup guys? Been a while since I've been on the board here, but I signed up as a sponsor and hang here.

Wanted to throw out my first "clearance sale". I've got a TON of used RS232 to ALDL adapters that I've taken in on USB upgrades. I want to try to clear them out a little bit. Somehow I don't think I'll ever sell them all.

I've never sold any of the used ones as new (when someone orders a new cable, they get a NEW cable). However, I will test these used units and guarantee that they'll work just as well as the new ones.

$50 shipped for a RS232 to OBD1 or OBDII style cable. This offer will stand until I run out... which I don't think I will. Or, $20 shipped if you just want a converter to play with. $80 shipped will get you a Y-headed RS232 cable (both OBD1 and OBDII style connectors on it).

I do not have any used USB cables in stock, but PM me and I'll cut you a price break on those as well. I've got a bunch of new ones built up and ready to go.

If you're wondering about using a USB to RS232 adapter, honestly, I do not recommend them. Get a USB cable and be done with it. There are only 2 adapters that I recommend (the now-obsolete F5U103 by Belkin, and the FTDI chip based adapter).

The only thing I don't have at the moment is wiring for making crimp-style cables or pigtails for kits, I need to get a spool of wire on order. Ahh, the joys of inventory.

My way-old Web Site is http://www.akmcables.com Maybe someday I'll get industrious and update it.

I've been building these for sale since 1999, and built my first in 1997. Several thousand customers out there. Probably most of you guys. lol.

Thanks!

-Andrew

98Z - sold the catfish!!! It's gone.
    94ZRagtop - EVERYTHING modded except rear gears.
    AKMCables.com - ALDL Cables, TTS Datamaster, Random Thoughts

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Good deal! I have my USB one from you and it has given me many years of trouble free service. I send everyone I know looking for a cable to you. I'll spread the word on this deal.
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

VIP Member

Status

You have a PM...

What's up Andrew! Glad to see you on here.

Thanks guys. The PM above was about a connection for a Scanmaster. Yes, I have done those as well, here's a couple of pictures. PM me for costs on these. Either you can install, or you can ship your Scanmaster to me and I can install it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

98Z - sold the catfish!!! It's gone.
    94ZRagtop - EVERYTHING modded except rear gears.
    AKMCables.com - ALDL Cables, TTS Datamaster, Random Thoughts

Banned

Status
    Blog Entries

Andrew, Imma make you a nice new website

Bastardized LT1 Car

Status

Hey andrew, i have DFI with a serial cable, but i dont have a serial connection on my laptop, you have anything to change that to USB?

:Jon:
    94 Z28 - Turbo LQ4 Build - T56 - Moser 9"
    06 Tundra DD - Michelin Go Fast tires
    99 WS6 T/A - 3800 Stall - 3.73 Gears
    07 Hayabusa - blacked out - brocks/hindle exhaust - sprocketed - PCIII - lowered & stretehed
    09 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Lurker

Status

So if I were to buy a Y-type connector (OBD1 & OBD2), it will work for my 94 LT1, and also an 02 LS1? I just want to make sure it'll work for both cars, and not only the LT1.
    Josh 1994 Z28
    M6 Converted - Intake - Exhaust

Lurker

Status

Andrew, I sent you a PM
    -Harold
    1997 Mystic Teal Z-28 A-4
    !Engine, !Trans

Thanks Andrew for the Cable
    This is a great guy to deal with and the shipping was excellent..........I would/will recommend him to anyone ..............Mike
    95' Z28 M6 Cai, Flowmaster, Cat-back, LS7 Lifters,LT4 Springs,1.6 Crane Gold RR's,Airfoil,Trickflow elbow,TB bypass,and a TV