Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M6 G8 GXP

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Finally worked up the energy to install the new carbon fiber spoiler. The fun thing about all G8 spoilers, is that if you want to remove them, they will either break off naturally and turn into a projectile on the highway, or you have to break them off by hand. Same with the two front nostril/plastics in the grill and the two hood vent covers - although both can be removed without absolute breakage.

Anyway, surprisingly easy to break them off lol. No Bruce Lee action required. The carbon spoiler fit ok at best, but could have been worse. I ended up using 3M VHB tape (same as I used on my CTS-V carbon pieces), two self tappers, and I clamped it down with two bar clamps for a few days.

Also, installed a different set of mufflers and welded on some nice tips. The car came with a Solo axleback, which I think I mentioned above. The issue was that it was insanely loud with the long tubes and cat delete. Probably on par with an SLP LM1 and LTs. Luckily, the car came with stock GXP mufflers, which I quickly put on. It sounded nice and tame.

I bought a pair of tips off of ebay, 2.5" inlet to dual 4" outlet. The GXP mufflers have two individual tail pipes/tips instead of GT mufflers, even though the mufflers themselves look almost identical otherwise. Anyway, scored some G8 GT mufflers on Marketplace for $40, hacked off the stock tips, and welded on the new tips. I also threw on a coat of black paint. Originally, I didn't like how they stuck out so far, but they are growing on me. The sound is even more quiet than GXP mufflers by a hair, or maybe it's the giant tips throwing the tone out the back further haha. I can't tell from outside the car. Inside is a bit different, though.

This setup is likely temporary, as the Speed Engineering X pipe setup is made to adapt to the stock 2.25" exhaust. The mufflers are set up for the 2.25" exhaust as well. I feel like a proper 3" catback is needed so I can sleep at night and gain 5hp at 6600rpm. I'm a bit concerned about drone and it seems most catbacks, aside from Solo, have lots of it. I've been eyeing up XForce since it has a cutout valve for noise control, but may just make something custom to be different.

Attachment 40570Attachment 40571Attachment 40572Attachment 40573Attachment 40574
    noice, and yea i agree the solo axleback with catless x and lt's is loud af. even the slp powerflow exhaust with mufflers was loud and droned REALLY bad, to the point i had to hit a meineke before going to ocmd and have them make solo style j pipes to kill the drone.

loookin goood

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12