Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Default The Resurrection: 94 Firebird Formula

After watching/loving this car for years, I decided to take a leap and make a deal with @Injuneer on purchasing his pride and joy 1994 Firebird Formula. On Sunday, I met with him and set the deal in stone. This week I have not had much time to start digging into it, that will happen this weekend. So far the only thing I see is a little bit of rodent damage to a few wires under the hood (couple grounds, a white and a blue for the Motec pcm). I will put it up on the cribs so I can really go over it and also drain the fuel system. I will pull the rail too and send the injectors to a buddy in pa to have them flowed and cleaned. New Braille battery was ordered yesterday.

The primary plan is to get it running and get some new rubber on it, change all the fluids etc. After that cruise her a bit this summer and also definitely go to island to shake down on motor. I am not sure if spray will happen this year, it depends on the Motec. It is such a time capsule and well put together car though, honestly nicest 4th gen we have ever had around for us (no offense @Ltconvert, but this is cleaner LOL).
    Last edited by SSlowBoat; 03-24-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Subscribed.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Congrats on an awesome and beautiful car. Couldn't have gone to a better home. A true LTX guy. No LS in this cars future.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Hell. Yes.

I'm glad this car went to someone who knows what it is and it's mythological status within the community. It's kind of cool seeing that Fernco coupler on the TB.........because that's exactly how I ended up with a fernco coupler my old car that had the Ram Air airbox (my black one, that goes WAY back, lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    95 ta

You stepped up and saved a legend. It has to be a great feeling knowing it’s yours! Keep us updated!
    Adam Legatt 95 trans am, 355 LE ported 21* TFS heads SS4000, 9'' 11.18@ 121.5 mph

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adam85 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Hell. Yes.

I'm glad this car went to someone who knows what it is and it's mythological status within the community. It's kind of cool seeing that Fernco coupler on the TB.........because that's exactly how I ended up with a fernco coupler my old car that had the Ram Air airbox (my black one, that goes WAY back, lol).
    I remember with my first 94 Camaro just googling things about them/LT1's and stumbling on CZ28, like every thread i opened about anything there was @Injuneer posting something technical and knowledgeable. ever since then ive wanted this car and have respected any time he posts.

between this car, kyle mackenzies silver formula, and @Badhawk formula, i had to eventually have a Formula on drag wheels lol

selling 2 3rd gens hopefully today, will start digging in this afternoon, updates to commence

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

VERY glad you stepped up and bought the Formula.

I'm definitely going to follow this. Do not hesitate to ask any questions or look for any help I can give you. I'm working on pulling together a list of any items you might be interested in. At this point I need to clear out the garage (you saw the mess!).

Now I need to figure out how to alter my "signature".

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    VERY glad you stepped up and bought the Formula.

I'm definitely going to follow this. Do not hesitate to ask any questions or look for any help I can give you. I'm working on pulling together a list of any items you might be interested in. At this point I need to clear out the garage (you saw the mess!).

Now I need to figure out how to alter my "signature".
    thank you fred, i will be down next weekend. We started digging into her today. the mouse had a little fun behind the pcm/motec. fixed 4 wires that were clean chewed through, taped up a few that were just a little chaffed.

question, red switch by the obd port under dash, what was that for?

Gonna be putting it in the air shortly and draining the tank

2021 Charger Scat 392

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I had a Scanmaster permanently wired to the DLC data wire. The micro-switch disconnected the Scanmaster signal wire so it wouldnt interfere with any device connected to the DLC like a programmer or a scanner.

I kept the stock PCM fed with things like coolant temp and inlet air temp, so the Scanmaster could show the readings. If you look at the back of the airbox, there are two IAT sensors, one for the MoTeC and one for the stock PCM. For coolant temp to the PCM, there is a temp sensor in the brass tee that was added to the steam pipe return line, in front of the alternator.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I had a Scanmaster permanently wired to the DLC data wire. The micro-switch disconnected the Scanmaster signal wire so it wouldnt interfere with any device connected to the DLC like a programmer or a scanner.

I kept the stock PCM fed with things like coolant temp and inlet air temp, so the Scanmaster could show the readings. If you look at the back of the airbox, there are two IAT sensors, one for the MoTeC and one for the stock PCM. For coolant temp to the PCM, there is a temp sensor in the brass tee that was added to the steam pipe return line, in front of the alternator.
    got it thank you. draining fuel system now, not sure if c16, varnish, or what it is haha.

Also, are there any fuses somewhere other than the factory fuse boxes for the motec pcm or coil module? just want to double check everything before we get ready to start it next weekend

2021 Charger Scat 392

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast