Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default So I've been letting the cat out of the bag........

This was the first tuning done on wastegates only, 12 PSI:

Unfortunately, the starter broke as he was going to start shoving more boost into it. Necessitated a "Tow Truck Tuesday" venture sadly.

Fortunately Ben @CALL911 was kind enough to lend me his pole barn space to fix it and tidy up a couple of things (two very minor turbo sump leaks and a turbo coolant line that needed tightening).

I'm on vacation tomorrow through Friday next week. I'll have the car fixed and going by Saturday at the latest whether I have to drop the turbo to do the starter or not. I'm REALLY encouraged at the potential of this little 377 motor with the Tony Mamo top end stuff on it given it broke 800 RWHP at only 12 PSI via wastegates (boost controller would have brought torque up and made the power come on harder). My goal was 1000+ or bust but after running some numbers I think it just might not make it there as it sits. I'm expecting realistically to be somewhere around 950 RWHP at 18-20 PSI when it's all said and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.