Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default Need Upgraded Fuel Lines and Regulator Advice

I have a twin 72mm setup with a forged LT1 and need guidance with piecing together the fuel aspect of the build. I already have Lonnies twin in-tank pumps, but still on the stock rails and lines. Going to be using the wonderful California 91 pump gas, lol, and I have meth injection to add.

1)Research tells me to go with a parallel fuel rail deal. Doesn't somebody on this board sell those?
    2)Which boost referenced regulator is reliable?
    3)Is braided line the only option because it gets quite expensive? Can I use large 1/2" diameter aluminum line under the car?
    4)How do the new lines install at the tank? Any welding or is it plug and play with the existing pump lines?
    I've come to realize I may need 120 lb injectors or something in that range, so I'll be looking for those soon. If anybody has a good set, let me know.
    Many pics of your fuel line and regulator setup would be great, too.

Thanks!

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

1) If you are going twins and big power you will want to run a y-block to your rails both feed (two inlets for feed, two for return into regulator). I would size these at -8 or -10 to the rails. Not sure if anyone sells aftermarket rails for ltx's. You might have to modify your stock ones via welding the AN fittings.
    2) An Aeromotive regulator is a great piece that will work with the y-block and vacuum referenced. Something like this one : https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/produc...fi-pro-bypass/
    3) You should run PTFE lines which are conductive that are compatible with any fuel and will not deteriorate or seep over time. If I was doing a twin turbo, I would run -10 feed from the tank to the y-block, -10 to the rails and -10an to the regulator and either -8 or -10an return depending on your budget and design. Racetronix sells the hose and fittings that you will need. http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D10B&eq=&Tp= Racetronix also sells a nice fuel filter setup with replaceable elements.
    4) You can tap into the existing 3/8 lines with a fitting but I would put a -10an 90 degree bulkhead in the top for the feed and -8an or -10 an bulkhead for the return (the 3/8 feed on the tank will be your biggest restriction once you upgrade the rest of the system.

On my N/A setup, I am running an -8an feed into the rail and a -6 an return off the regulator (running sequential rails with one feed and one return and no y-blocks but I am under 600hp N/A). I used all Racetronix hoses and fittings and it turned out really nice and cost ~$650 total for all the lines, fittings, and fuel rails for my engine and nitrous fuel systems. Yours will be ~$850 or so depending on the design and other parts but could go much higher depending on the # of fittings, etc.

Thanks, you're the man! I appreciate the detailed response.
    The dollars you're talking are pretty scary big. Gotta pay to play though. I'm still curious whether or nort getting hard lines to run underneath would be lots more economical and just as dependable?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

There's an intake with parallel rail conversion in the "for sale" forum:

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...ted-LT1-Intake

I've had good results with Weldon regulators:

https://www.weldonracing.com/store/A...tors-p56722017

My approach on a parallel rail setup is a -6AN fitting welded to the back end of each rail, a single -6AN return fitting welded to the diagonal crossover pipe in the front. Weldon manifold reference adjustable fuel pressure regulator under the cowl. -6AN supply and return. System operates at 58PSI, fed by dual Bosch 208 LPH high pressure pumps. But I'm only making 800 HP at the flywheel, w/ nitrous. For a setup at 1,000 HP, upping to -8 AN on the supply would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 02-01-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

What size 72s and how much do you plan on pushing them?

If your goal is no more than ~800 whp I bet you are fine with stock lines
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem