Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    If you could fab an 8.8 for under a grand with axles and center that just bolts in, you'll get people crawling out of the woodwork!

Same with exhaust for that matter. Maybe a 1 7/8" stainless LT option with a true dual/x piped option that doesn't rattle and goes over the axle. For the right price, people will buy.

I just don't know if the cost of parts and your time would be cheaper than what is already on the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I really appreciate all feed back from you guy's.

I have had an idea for a stainless x pipe exhaust for some time so I will need to put one together and see how I like it .

I plan to try a few things and see how it goes . I want to focus on A and F body's for now .

I plan to make a few test sale parts to see how it goes with cost and labor and so on .

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 97firehawk View Post
    The Chinese comment was mostly for the older cars there a few company's that make and sell Chinese made product's. Many people that do not have $300 to buy 2 rear lower control arm's that's who . also I. Know them companies are made in the us I own a few of them companies product's.

I want to offer a more affordable product, with the same quality.

I don't see a problem with diy kit and people have been selling diy 4 link kits for many year's same with roll cages, I don't see an issue.

Look at Founders Performance then. They're going to be your "budget" competition. Their top of the line set of control arms clocks in at about $175. Full rod ended are only $130, and you can get basic non adjustable poly bushing units for $64. Not trying to be snide, but you have to look at the entire market and not just the top end when pricing is concerned. I've run components from every company I initially listed and other than the finish, you'd be hard pressed to tell which were the $300 control arms and which were the $130 ones. So this begs the question. Can you be competitive with the "budget" end of the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Look at Founders Performance then. They're going to be your "budget" competition. Their top of the line set of control arms clocks in at about $175. Full rod ended are only $130, and you can get basic non adjustable poly bushing units for $64. Not trying to be snide, but you have to look at the entire market and not just the top end when pricing is concerned. I've run components from every company I initially listed and other than the finish, you'd be hard pressed to tell which were the $300 control arms and which were the $130 ones. So this begs the question. Can you be competitive with the "budget" end of the market?
    I absolutely understand what you are saying and I still believe I can compete with even founder's. I also have many of the brand's that you mentioned and even a few that you didn't and I think umi is in the top of the list on fit and finish . we even installed a art Morrison rear frame , suspension and 9 inch in my cousins 67 camaro, they make a great product too. , and a PA racing tubular front subframe on it also and that is also a really nice product.
    I do plan to do a small run to see how people like them and if they do well I'll make some more .

97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

I run founders stuff, the quality is the same as umi/bmr and cost is very good.

I agree with @harner above, 8.8 option and a good exhaust. I'm tired of the same old exhaust for these cars

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

a 8.8 for $1000 that will bolt in (plus shipping)
    Ill buy one today!

That seems to be the main killer expense for these cars, Its hard to justify spending $2500-$3000 for a rearend on a $4000 car!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Ill buy one today!

That seems to be the main killer expense for these cars, Its hard to justify spending $2500-$3000 for a rearend on a $4000 car!
    $4000 on a good day!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Ill buy one today!

If you are buying a rear end, the car is not in the $4k range anymore. Wouldn't make sense to throw a S60 behind a OEM motor...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    If you are buying a rear end, the car is not in the $4k range anymore. Wouldn't make sense to throw a S60 behind a OEM motor...
    I know this is old but..... I beg to differ. 94Z28 6 speed. I put a S60 in mine with a stock internal LT (2 years ago). My plan is build up everything that will be needed to support a modded engine including suspension and brakes. That being said, I have about 1000 miles on a fresh lower end build. Next step in the process is sending heads and intake off to Lloyd so he can work his magic and see what cam he recommends. Know anyone that needs a stock rear end? Hope everyone is healthy and staying safe!!!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by RED94Z View Post
    I know this is old but..... I beg to differ. 94Z28 6 speed. I put a S60 in mine with a stock internal LT (2 years ago). My plan is build up everything that will be needed to support a modded engine including suspension and brakes. That being said, I have about 1000 miles on a fresh lower end build. Next step in the process is sending heads and intake off to Lloyd so he can work his magic and see what cam he recommends. Know anyone that needs a stock rear end? Hope everyone is healthy and staying safe!!!
    what gear and where are you located?
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12