Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

Default Supercharged LT1 on a road course?

I have been tossing build ideas around lately. I am building a street/road course car and one of the last things to iron out is the engine. The original plan was a rebuild and add an advanced inductions ported top end. Now in am curious about building a mild supercharged engine instead. I know heat is an issue, but I'm not out to build a spec race car, and I likely will be just running a few autocross events and some open track days at Brainerd and Road America. Does anyone have any experience with super charged cars on the track? I know most of the guys on frrax tend to keep them NA for weight and heat purposes, but they are also typically much more dedicated than I am. I just would like the extra power on tap. But if its going to be too problematic I won't do it.
    Last edited by The Batman; 01-06-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I have been tossing build ideas around lately. I am building a street/road course car and one of the last things to iron out is the engine. The original plan was a rebuild and add an advanced inductions ported top end. Now in am curious about building a mild supercharged engine instead. I know heat is an issue, but I'm not out to build a spec race car, and I likely will be just running a few autocross events and some open track days at Brainerd and Road America. Does anyone have any experience with super charged cars on the track? I know most of the guys on frrax tend to keep them NA for weight and heat purposes, but they are also typically much more dedicated than I am. I just would like the extra power on tap. But if its going to be too problematic I won't do it.
    I have looked into it, as the end goal for my car is rr/autox. I listen to the frrax guys on suspension and brakes, but look to the import world for engine as those guys are all boosted in some respect. Control the heat, plan for the heat, and you should be fine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

I like the way you think. Watching a video of a supra running around is what got me thinking about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Batman For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I like the way you think. Watching a video of a supra running around is what got me thinking about it.
    pretty much everything in global time attack is boosted, so

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!