Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Right, but the other guy was saying that having a base model that is over 100k would kill off probably the largest buyer segment of the corvette. You sounded like you were disagreeing by saying everyone mods their cars heavy anyways. That's were I was disagreeing.
    Let me scroll back to where me and "the other guy" (Fastbird) conversation was so may it clarifies what Im trying to say...
    (See attachment)

And yes I was disagreeing with him when he said that 40 to 80k was the affordable price range and I really dont see anything out of the 50 or 60 range being "affordable" to the average blue collar person.... hence where the NON base cars came into play.

I went on to explain that I WAS looking at it from MY PERSPECTIVE that if i was buying a c7... i wouldnt buy a base... so for me it is the 100k zo6... or if i had a base, it would have been built beyond the average blue collar price range.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Let me scroll back to where me and "the other guy" (Fastbird) conversation was so may it clarifies what Im trying to say...
    (See attachment)

And yes I was disagreeing with him when he said that 40 to 80k was the affordable price range and I really dont see anything out of the 50 or 60 range being "affordable" to the average blue collar person.... hence where the NON base cars came into play.

I went on to explain that I WAS looking at it from MY PERSPECTIVE that if i was buying a c7... i wouldnt buy a base... so for me it is the 100k zo6... or if i had a base, it would have been built beyond the average blue collar price range.

Hope that helps.

I totally get that. The hot models have been out of touch for the blue collar guys for a while. I can agree to that, and that's why my idea of a super car is a used c6z still. One of those is still very expensive to most blue collar guys but now that they are 10 years old, they are more affordable. I would rather have a used higher end model over a new base model, but I hope that gm can kick out a base model built on the same platform as the high end stuff and keep the price low enough on them for the average guys trying to buy theulir dream cars

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Batman For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

I kind of think about it like the v6 camaro and mustang. They are the same chassis, but obviously missing the v8. But the companies rely on strong v6 sales in order to even offer the v8's as an option.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I kind of think about it like the v6 camaro and mustang. They are the same chassis, but obviously missing the v8. But the companies rely on strong v6 sales in order to even offer the v8's as an option.
    And for me, I would never buy a v6 version... if for some reason i did end up with one, i would end up sinking so much money into it, i might as well get a zl1... which for a car carrying the name camaro, is way out of most camaro types from back in the day to buy comfortably... u know, mullets amd stuff... lol.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234