Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
Spike Big

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LTX Regular

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 68LT1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a set of heads to send Lloyd though. Would have to buy a set to send him.
    Generally people send their stock LT1 AL heads to Lloyd. This process can be done while you are having block machined and built for the 383

You would also send your intake so it can be port matched to the heads he does

Of course buying used GM AL heads is a option to send
    96 BBB 383/T56

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I'll chime in here on some stuff.

Lloyd and AI both do good jobs with the LT1 OEM heads. I won't say a single bad thing about either. But to properly feed a 383 on the top end, you're going to want to move to a larger runner head because the OEM castings become a choke point higher in the power band. Yes, moving to an aftermarket large runner AFR (220, 227) or Trick Flow head will require the LT4 intake, but that's a cost of playing the game at that point. If you're trying to maximize the potential in the added displacement don't sell your build short by sticking with OEM castings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I'll chime in here on some stuff.

Lloyd and AI both do good jobs with the LT1 OEM heads. I won't say a single bad thing about either. But to properly feed a 383 on the top end, you're going to want to move to a larger runner head because the OEM castings become a choke point higher in the power band. Yes, moving to an aftermarket large runner AFR (220, 227) or Trick Flow head will require the LT4 intake, but that's a cost of playing the game at that point. If you're trying to maximize the potential in the added displacement don't sell your build short by sticking with OEM castings.
    trickflow 23 degree require lt4 intake, 21 degree do not. but you are very correct. @Ltconvert car was choking with the le2 heads, car is an animal now with LE ported trickflows

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2009 G8 GXP #871 - Stock and faster than my LT1

1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus

The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    trickflow 23 degree require lt4 intake, 21 degree do not. but you are very correct. @Ltconvert car was choking with the le2 heads, car is an animal now with LE ported trickflows

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Huh...Didn't know that about the 21 heads. Nice.

On Call911's Procharged setup, we picked up something like 115 RWHP moving from AFR 195's (comparable to a ported stock casting) to AFR 220 RR's, all on the top end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12