Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

• Navigation
Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Disregard what I said, wife set me straight

But, still talk to doc about pain management.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Disregard what I said, wife set me straight

But, still talk to doc about pain management.
    Lol... ok. Ive been pleading for paim meds. Wont do it. My actual incision point is splitting open, today it actually kicked out part of a stitch. Its gross looking at it amd seeing all the white which im assuming is bare fat.... they tell me its normal, even though its getting bigger every few days rather than staying the same and/or getting smaller. And thats just one of the pains...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Lol... ok. Ive been pleading for paim meds. Wont do it. My actual incision point is splitting open, today it actually kicked out part of a stitch. Its gross looking at it amd seeing all the white which im assuming is bare fat.... they tell me its normal, even though its getting bigger every few days rather than staying the same and/or getting smaller. And thats just one of the pains...

that doesn't sound normal, damn.

hang in there man. I don't know what else to say. wish there was a way I could help you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    that doesn't sound normal, damn.

hang in there man. I don't know what else to say. wish there was a way I could help you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I agree... but they say they wont stitch something like that again and now it needs to heal from what i see inside towards the surface. Which i would be fine with if it didnt look and feel worse every damn time i look at it.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

I agree... but they say they wont stitch something like that again and now it needs to heal from what i see inside towards the surface. Which i would be fine with if it didnt look and feel worse every damn time i look at it.

I think they stopped fully sealing up stuff so infections etc are not sealed in, lets ya breath like fine wine.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I think they stopped fully sealing up stuff so infections etc are not sealed in, lets ya breath like fine wine.
    Not to be gross but that was glued shut when i left hospital... now its big enough for me to stick my thumb in it... and where the fk did that sutcher come from.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Well.... don't look at it. Now I wish I hadn't ;-) Bummer about the pain. Makes me feel guilty, cause a couple of months ago I had a hand operation and they gave me a bottle of Hydrocodone for the inevitable intense pain I was supposed to get. Pain never happened, now the bottle sits there with all the original 20 pills going to waste.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryDoug For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 Impala

Larry, keep on your doctor, they need to effectively manage your pain. Let them know the current plan is not working, along with your current symptoms such as can’t move or even breathe deeply without relatively severe pain, in addition to not being able to rest without being awakened by the pain. Make sure to let them know the pain is now worse than it was when you originally left the hospital as I suspect it is from your recent posts.

Let them know you understand their reluctance to prescribe medications unless necessary, however you need some immediate short term relief now due to the increased pain levels you are currently experiencing. Additionally let them know you don’t expect or desire total pain relief, you just now need something presently in the near term, over the next 7 -14 days to provide some relief during this period while the surgical glue is wearing off the incision area presumably causing the increased pain.

The risk to becoming addicted to pain medication prescribed after surgery is very small, unless you have a history of substance abuse which I don’t believe is the case.

Keep on the surgeon who is handling and monitoring your case, and I think you will be able to get a prescription for some additional pain relief medication for the short term. This approach has worked for our family in the past, as I think they assume the current prescribed solution is working until they receive enough feedback that it is not. Kind of like the squeakiest wheel gets the grease analogy.

I sincerely hope you are able to obtain some relief shortly, and by all means keep them informed of any changes you note in the incision to ensure the healing is indeed progressing as expected.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LPE406 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    Well.... don't look at it. Now I wish I hadn't ;-) Bummer about the pain. Makes me feel guilty, cause a couple of months ago I had a hand operation and they gave me a bottle of Hydrocodone for the inevitable intense pain I was supposed to get. Pain never happened, now the bottle sits there with all the original 20 pills going to waste.
    Lol... Im sorry. Now imagine it being a part of u, and constantly worrying how far its gonna open or if its gonna get infected... not to mention u gotta keep looking cause of the crazy amount of pain it keeps causing...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by LPE406 View Post
    Larry, keep on your doctor, they need to effectively manage your pain. Let them know the current plan is not working, along with your current symptoms such as can’t move or even breathe deeply without relatively severe pain, in addition to not being able to rest without being awakened by the pain. Make sure to let them know the pain is now worse than it was when you originally left the hospital as I suspect it is from your recent posts.

Let them know you understand their reluctance to prescribe medications unless necessary, however you need some immediate short term relief now due to the increased pain levels you are currently experiencing. Additionally let them know you don’t expect or desire total pain relief, you just now need something presently in the near term, over the next 7 -14 days to provide some relief during this period while the surgical glue is wearing off the incision area presumably causing the increased pain.

The risk to becoming addicted to pain medication prescribed after surgery is very small, unless you have a history of substance abuse which I don’t believe is the case.

Keep on the surgeon who is handling and monitoring your case, and I think you will be able to get a prescription for some additional pain relief medication for the short term. This approach has worked for our family in the past, as I think they assume the current prescribed solution is working until they receive enough feedback that it is not. Kind of like the squeakiest wheel gets the grease analogy.

I sincerely hope you are able to obtain some relief shortly, and by all means keep them informed of any changes you note in the incision to ensure the healing is indeed progressing as expected.
    I will try to be the squeeky wheel, and ur right on all of the assumption u made. Thanku. I have a follow up with the surgeon on Friday... Ill give it hell...

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast