Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Im not familiar with that software but since your gonna stay obd2 does that allow you to retune the PCM?
    Also Have you checked your plugs? it might be running rich and actually causing the plugs to foul and misfire.
    I still HIGHLY recomend getting a 94 or 95 PCM and knock sensor, The knock sensor is right on the side of the block and is super easy to change (you will loose your coolant) and the PCM couldnt be easier to get to on the passenger side of the firewall.
    Thats the main reason why I like the LT1's because of all the free tuning software (for the OBD1 pcm anyways)

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

yes i can re tune and delete any codes and as for running rich it is a little i can smell it,but this started right after my rebuild when i started the car

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Well if your positive it's not misfiring and set on keeping it obd2 I would try the crank relearn or see if you can disable misfire codes in the pcm with your software

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

i might try them first since i have about $300 wrapped up in both and do the relearn if that does not work then i will switch

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

OK erased the code with my DST but the program keeps shutting down so to change too obd1 what would i need and who can i get to tune it

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

you need a 94 or 95 OBD1 pcm and a 94 or 95 Knock sensor that screws in the side of the block, it has one single wire on it and like I mention earlier when you remove it you will drain all your coolant.

Other than that all you need is a data cable to hook into your car, im not sure what yo have right now, are you currently using a laptop with your jet software?

I use Fbody techs new software for reading, flashing, and datalogging FREE! http://fbodytech.com/eehack-2/download-eehack/

And then download tunerpro RT http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm FREE!

And I use the deffination file from Fbody tech Makes thins easier to read on Tuner pro http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

And I think im forgetting something else but there is a tuning guide here in the sticky section.
    You can tune it yourself or get a mail order tune and tweak it from there.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

thinking i wiull do that if io can find a ecm and a good tuner for it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123