Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jeremy
    Vehicle
    1997 Camara SS

Default Vortech S trim and engine questions

Just wondering what everyone is using when it comes to pulley size. Right now I’ve got the 6.66 crank and 3.33 SC pulley. Not sure what sizes will do for boost. I’m taking to ASP for a crank pulley to fit over an ATI, they’re asking what size but I’m not sure what size to get.

Also, I’ve got a sheet metal intake to use on a motor I’m getting built. It was used with a set of AFR210s, just wanted to know what everyone recommends. Going either 383/396. Not looking to break records, just a fast street car.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

The bottom pulley on the ATI balancer I used the stock on that came with my Procharge and the change the pulley on the supercharger to increase or decrease boost. There are many factors that determine how many pounds of boost you will make. Such as fuel system police eyes ignition system.

As far as what heads I would run on a 383 or 396 I would recommend Eliminator set of AFR 227 heads.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Down View Post
    Just wondering what everyone is using when it comes to pulley size. Right now I’ve got the 6.66 crank and 3.33 SC pulley. Not sure what sizes will do for boost. I’m taking to ASP for a crank pulley to fit over an ATI, they’re asking what size but I’m not sure what size to get.

Also, I’ve got a sheet metal intake to use on a motor I’m getting built. It was used with a set of AFR210s, just wanted to know what everyone recommends. Going either 383/396. Not looking to break records, just a fast street car.
    Lloyd Elliott ported trickflow 21 degree heads on a p600b at 11psig makes plenty of power. on that we are using a 7.5"/2.95" pulley setup. I don't know much about an s trim setup.

find the step up ratio of the supercharger and there are calculators online that can give you a figurative amount of psi you will see. remember a free flowing motor will make less boost than a restrictive motor, but will make more power

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jeremy
    Vehicle
    1997 Camara SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    Lloyd Elliott ported trickflow 21 degree heads on a p600b at 11psig makes plenty of power. on that we are using a 7.5"/2.95" pulley setup. I don't know much about an s trim setup.

find the step up ratio of the supercharger and there are calculators online that can give you a figurative amount of psi you will see. remember a free flowing motor will make less boost than a restrictive motor, but will make more power

How much power are you making?
    Anyone using ASP pullies?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Down View Post
    How much power are you making?
    Anyone using ASP pullies?
    dyno numbers skewed due to tire spin, but numbers were 507whp 660wtq.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    1993 Z28

Default Vortech S trim and engine questions

I’m running an S-trim with a 7” crank pulley, I don’t recall exactly what size SC pulley I had made (low 3’s I think). It was a long time ago when I set it up and did my s-trim research but if you are getting a crank pulley made a 7” should be good. Mine makes 7-8 psi through stock heads/comp ratio (only internal mod is a 230/236 cam on a 114).

Edit: I just found an email from 2008 where I asked ASP if they can make a 3.8” SC pulley. Not 100% sure if that’s what I ordered, but I can try to measure it if that would help?
    Last edited by Still2slow; 11-12-2017 at 10:07 PM.
    93 Z28 M6: Bolt-ons, Cam, Vortech S-trim w/Alky 488rwhp

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jeremy
    Vehicle
    1997 Camara SS

It would absolutely help, have any pics of the pullies themselves?