Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    SAM
    Vehicle
    2008 G8 GT 1999 Z28 6M Pewter Sold 15 Q50S

Default Long tube headers Reviews

Looking to buy a 1997 Formula, seeking info, what's available as far as in stock brand new in other words what's current in production.

Hows fittment/ finish. Don't want any burned plug wires. Thinking about Headers y pipe wanting to use cat/s and free flowing 3 inch single. Is dual better?

Is AIR injection necessary? I'm guess tune is necessary afterward.

Not a noob to racing, but the LT1 is new to me.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Pacesetter's are tried and true. Never had and issue when my wires were tucked under the headers but I helped @95 blackbird put over the valve cover setup on his car and its looks nice and clears fine.

I run a ORY to a single 3' HF cat and a TSP rumbler exhaust.

All depends how strict your state is on emissions. I have AIR deleted but have to have a separate tune for inspection.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sahara54 For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

AIR only runs at startup to help the cats heat up faster, and control emissions from the rich cold start A/F ratio. With long tubes typically moving the cats further from the engine, it would be important for emissions. But, dyno emissions tests generally do not measure cold start emissions. So.... tailpipe check, no problem deleting AIR. Visual check, might need to keep it. In any case, if you delete it you have to delete the diagnostic from the PCM to avoid an SES light (several codes for missing AIR in OBD-2), and it has to be deleted from the PCM in such away that it does not cause a "system not ready" flag, which can be cause for failure hooking up to the DLC connector (depends on state law how many "not ready" flags cause a fail).

There is no performance gain from deleting AIR, since the system only operates for a couple minutes at startup.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

https://www.ebay.com/i/151459584416?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Cheap and im sure there made in China but they work and look great.

Thats what I bought, the y pipe needed a little massaging but they fit PERFECT!! Ive had them for almost a year and they look just as good as the day I put them on

My last car had pacesetters and they were pretty much exactly the same as these but the flange on the pacesetters is not as thick and there not stainless steel like these.

I retightend the bolts after about 200 miles and have been checking them every month or so and they havent loosened at all.

Even if I had a unlimited budget I dont think I would buy anything else but these.
    Last edited by fullforce; 05-04-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    That guy...
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Pacesetter LT's have been on both of mine and unless I get really serious and NEED Kooks they will be what I use.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

I'm running LPP/XS-Power. I like them a lot but they don't have provisions for emissions. They're stainless and fit great other than a small contact point on the driver side of the k-member. it barely touched. A couple wacks with a hammer fixed it right up. The only real complaint is it's a pain in the ass to get the oil filter out the a moroso oil pan.

Oh, and I had to clearance one of the driver side primaries. But again, that was because I'm running a moroso oil pan.
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    94' Z28

For the money LPP header's are a solid choice. Stainless, stepped primaries and are well made.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

What's the status on the whole LPP situation? Wasn't there some chaos on the forum regarding their rebranded XS Power headers not long ago? My car had a pair of Hooker Supercomps/Hooker ORY that fit pretty good. The removable primary to fit around the steering shaft was slick. Fairly expensive for painted headers, but that was before the chinese stainless craze.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    What's the status on the whole LPP situation? Wasn't there some chaos on the forum regarding their rebranded XS Power headers not long ago? My car had a pair of Hooker Supercomps/Hooker ORY that fit pretty good. The removable primary to fit around the steering shaft was slick. Fairly expensive for painted headers, but that was before the chinese stainless craze.
    Yeah, they shipped me and a few other people a pacesetter style ORY from a distributor on eBay. It didn't fit their headers and I got my money back. Afaik they stopped doing that and started shipping their own again shortly after. I guess they had a hiccup in production.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Seen a set on Amazon for 154.98.
    Free shipping as well.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 04-27-2018 at 05:07 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast