Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    97 camaro z28 30th anniversary

Default Rearend movement

Ok so I noticed a while back that I had a little rear end movement. I drove it today and it seems like a has a good bit. When I go around a right hand turn I hear a squeak like the brake squeakers. So any ideas? I checked the c clips. I know it’s been covered sorry I’m wondering if it’s the Posi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle

Sorry forgot to change my location before posting

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Had the same problem on my sons car. Here's what our issue was. The rotor was rubbing the caliper bracket on the driver side when going around a turn. Just enough to sound like a brake squeal issue. Put new c-clips in it to see if that would help but still had the same issue. After tearing it apart again I noticed the the rotor wasn't anywhere close to being centered on the caliper bracket. I ended up using a washer as a spacer where the bracket bolts to the housing to move it out some to clear the rotor. Used on both bolts. Washer between caliper bracket and housing mount. Not sure why it started or what changed to cause the noise. Just put gears in it with all new bearing and still had the same issue so washers went back in. Was only on drivers side. Solved our problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle

Thanks I will have to try it. mine is only the drives side to. I was also wondering if maybe the groove the c clip runs in wasn’t worn and made it move more.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

I have the same issue, just driving it until it wears away enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle

I thought about that to but want to make sure it’s not something that will hurt anything. But I also need to fix the rearend movement. If you get it up to about 70 and it start moving it gets bad fast and it’s like it’s starting to fishtail so need to address that fast

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Does it have a panhard bar on it? Panhard bar and lower control arms should keep that in check. I would check all of your bushings.

Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle

Has factory rear suspension other than lower control arms they are factory just boxed all bushings are good. I can’t move the rearend at all when it’s jacked up just the axles

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Panhard bar. Get one with Polly one side and heim joints. Haven't done one on my trans but the one I put in my gen 3 big difference in no movenent. Just was a chore to center but not bad.

It's not how fast you mow. It's how you mow fast.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

op, check the caliper bracket, bet you see wear marks. If your car is feeling squirrelly above 70 check your tires then your panhard.

does your car have the factory panhard brace? I've seen people remove them and then the bracket flexes on the body side
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SSlowBoat; 10-24-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast