Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 93silentz View Post
    With the stock chip in the car it revs past 3k. The hypertech was in the center console and the car was apart for years just sitting. It was in a zip lock bag if that helps lol. I got the car as a basket case and managed to get it back together. Heads were ported and polished but the previous owner never put it back together. Could this cause any of my conditions with a stock tune? I hate picking up where somebody else left off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YES. Throw the hypertech away, it's proven junk (a former Prom Chip tuning guru and I went over a side by side and it was a 99% stock tune). If you have ported heads and a larger cam that will cause your VE to be skewed and you'll be operating in areas of the VE table where more fuel was once required no longer is, and vice versa. For example, at idle, a larger cam and ported heads is going to cause your MAP to run higher than VS stock........higher MAP at same RPM, per the stock table, is going to give you more fuel. See where I'm going with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Windows PCs, laptops, notebooks, or tablets should work. But not Android or Mac , or Windows phone. Windows version must be Vista through 10. XP will work but you would have to use an older version (1.x.x) of Scan9495 which does not support the 93.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 09-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryDoug For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob Oliver
    Vehicle
    93 z28 95 z28 85 iroc z

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    YES. Throw the hypertech away, it's proven junk (a former Prom Chip tuning guru and I went over a side by side and it was a 99% stock tune). If you have ported heads and a larger cam that will cause your VE to be skewed and you'll be operating in areas of the VE table where more fuel was once required no longer is, and vice versa. For example, at idle, a larger cam and ported heads is going to cause your MAP to run higher than VS stock........higher MAP at same RPM, per the stock table, is going to give you more fuel. See where I'm going with it?
    Yeah. I definitely need a base tune from a similar car for now. I am going to get a laptop as soon as I can make it to microcenter. I'm not jumping into tuning it myself just yet but a base tune and some navigating of the program should help me out a lot.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob Oliver
    Vehicle
    93 z28 95 z28 85 iroc z

I'm getting the lap top right now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123