Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Default High idle when rolling?

For some reason my car suddenly started idling higher when in motion until completely coming to a stop. I dont even have to give it gas on flat ground to keep speed. Once I come to a COMPLETE stop for a couple of seconds it will jump back down to notmal idle speed.

If I bump it in neutral while rolling it will hang at 2,000ish rpms, what part of the tune will delete the bump in idle (stall saver?) Id be happy if the IAC would stay at the same exact position no matter if im moving or sitting still.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

My car does the exact same thing except mine is m6.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The program increases the idle speed via raising IAC counts when the vehicle is moving. As RPM increases due to throttle position, the IAC opens more to control coast down when the throttle blades suddenly close. That's why it happens.... someone else will have to tell you how to alter that in the program. There are decel fuel cutoff (DFCO) tables, but I don't know if they also cover the IAC count increase.

You may just have a problem with the IAC valve.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post

^^^This, if it "Suddenly" started doing this, then its not in the tune...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

I was thinking that too but after stopping it goes back to normal. I'll try cleaning it but it's probably not gonna help.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    The program increases the idle speed via raising IAC counts when the vehicle is moving. As RPM increases due to throttle position, the IAC opens more to control coast down when the throttle blades suddenly close. That's why it happens.... someone else will have to tell you how to alter that in the program. There are decel fuel cutoff (DFCO) tables, but I don't know if they also cover the IAC count increase.

throttle follower iac offset table and a few others change that. there's also a park vs drive or gear follower table that sets the rpm for 0 throttle coast to stop, it's to help your power steering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

There is an IAC throttle follower that can be adjusted, but again if it was in the tune it would have done this from the start, so not sure whats going on, check for any unmetered incoming air?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Probably the IAC like you said, it "fixed itself" for now lol

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Well drove the car again, I guess it only does this when its cold outside but when I crank the car cold the idle is fine, once I put it in gear it is fine. BUT once I let off the brake and let the car move a few MPH the rpms come way up and the car will stay around 1800-2000rpms untill the engine warms up AND I have to come to a COMPLETE stop for about 5 seconds in neutral before the idle will return to normal. Then after I put it in gear and drive it is completely fine as long as the engine is warm....

SO I guess Ill check my tune again and see if I messed with something but not sure what to look at as far as cold idle when in motion?

LTX Master

Status

Mine does the same thing on a fresh build/rebuild. I "THINK" you have to just turn off the DFCO and all is good. I had a brief conversation with a tuner while he was working on another car and the subject came up. I'm trying to put together some cash to get my idle issues tuned out and might dyno it. The IAC valve works fine, DFCO gets the PCM confused. He also told me the LT1 computer is dinosaur speed compared to the newer ones (LS) so it can't respond as quick.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast