Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default I have Draglites now, what wheel studs did everyone go with?

I got a great deal on some Weld Draglites. I am wondering what wheel studs some of you went with? Did you go with the screw in wheel studs or press-on? I've seen a few guys on here with Draglites but I forgot their names. The rears are 16" inches.

Thanks!
    -Josh
    If my job doesn't kill me, my car will...

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Pro-Stars are the same. I run 3" long, 1/2"-20 screw ins in my Strange axles. Fronts need at least 2.5" to meet NHRA thread engagement rule. Those are still 12mm press-in, and I run a 5/16" spacer. Basically, the lugs must engage at least 1/2" of stud threads in the hex portion of the lug. Lugs must be open end.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

I take it that screw ins will not work for stock axles?
    -Josh
    If my job doesn't kill me, my car will...

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Z View Post
    I take it that screw ins will not work for stock axles?
    Correct. With stock axles you have to use press-in studs with the correct spline diameter (0.509").

Here's a post I did on another site for fitting the Weld Pro-Stars and Draglites:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/whe...wheels-576054/
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.