Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maf code

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Replace the wire. I'll check the 96 (same as 97) factory manual. The 12 volt source should be a fuse in the underhood box. That fuse also supplies multiple solenoids if it's like Shoebox's 95 diagram linked above. Since you don't have any other codes, that would mean the broken wire is after the splice that directs the power to all the other devices. You can run a single wire from the correct fuse to the MAF connector. You just need the correct fuse # from the factory manual.

If you don't have access to a manual, I have a downloaded copy, but I'm not in a place where I have access to my desktop with the files.

You can download 96 version here (courtesy of member GaryDoug):

https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

If you have confirmed you do not have 12 volts on the pink wire, you can start replacement at any of these locations:

- Fuse #10 in underhood electrical center

- Connector C105 - right hand inner fender

- Splice S104 - engine harness, approx 14 cm from transmission breakout

S104 supplies 12 volts to the heaters in all four O2 sensors, the MAF and the TCC/Brake switch assembly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    97 camaro z28 30th anniversary

Thanks I did a little test and ran a wire from the fuse under the hood over and just held it to the end of the pink and the check engine went off so time to replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12