Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: No fire

Hybrid View

Lurker

Status
    Name
    REVELATION
    Vehicle
    1995 camaro Z28

Default No fire

I have a 93 camaro LT4 and i have replaced the optispark, ICM, and ignition coil and i still ha e no fire. Any ideas what could be the issue

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

By "no fire" are you specifically referring to no spark, or do you mean generic no start?

Have you scanned it for codes? Have you checked the fuel pressure? Have you checked for spark at the plugs?

What ECM are you using to run your LT4 transplant?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

All of what is "prestine" (pristine?) ?

Why not have the ICM tested? But then you said you already replaced the ICM ? ? ? ?

ICM part #'s are different year-to-year:

Courtesy of Shoebox

1993 - 10483131

1994/95 - 10483139

1996/97 - 10482803

But if you have a real LT4 engine in your 1993, it would be a1996 Corvette engine.

Kinda confusing
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    REVELATION
    Vehicle
    1995 camaro Z28

i meant to say pcm was replaced. i bought this car from a guy in mississippi. hes got alot of stuff swapped out on this car. how we discovered it was an LT4 was because my neighbors vette has the same motor. but i have another camaro which is 95 known very well as ''Burnadine'' she has an lt1 thats had the coil pack conversion, hennesseycharged, ported polished heads,long tube headers,no cats dual dyno exhaust,ground comp cam chipped out with a police package, formerly an undercover police unit. and will put your jaws behind your ears and does not shut down at 150 and gets there in seconds. she is smoking new SSs on acceleration and high end. i can bury the hand wellllll beyond 150mph. have a fb page to prove it.lmao you can hear burnadine for two blocks. shes on and poppin and crackalackin. but back toi what i was saying...i may just take the engine out of the one that has the LT4 and just sell the body.PicsArt_06-19-07.39.37.jpgPicsArt_12-28-11.06.55.jpg
    Last edited by Revelation; 07-27-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

got some video of the chipped out one?