Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Drew
    Vehicle
    1996 M6 Z28

Default Battery relocation hardware

A few years ago I relocated my battery to the spare tire area. I used 2ga welding wire at the advice of my electrical engineering professor and a 175A fuse. I've always noticed once I've driven around some and got things warm then park and go insider store when I come out to start the car it cranks slow. Yesterday when this happened the car started to turn over and then the 175A fuse blew. I sat down and did the equations myself this time and then talked to an electrical engineer at work. We both think I need a 200A fuse. He thinks I needs 000 cable and I think that's overkill. I do feel I should probably upgrade to 0 gauge. What have any of you used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1996 Z28, M6, T-tops, stock rear, LE stock ported heads (not typical LE stage, it's a friend of a friend deal), Custom cam and tune from JimTune, CR 11.1, Pacesetter LT, Ram Powergrip HD, flowmaster original 40, Eiback prokit, 18" corvette black wheels from ebay, meizere electric w/p, relocated battery to spare tire well, dd with AC Delco Opti.