Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    23

    Default Best Radiator Replacement

    My oem radiator has a slight crack and is leaking very subtly so looking to get a new one. Anyone have a preference in brand? I'm running the 24x ignition system but not planning on modding anything else
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

  2. #2
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    23

    Default

    http://www.protuninglab.com/j2-008.html

    Looking at this one but would like to spend a little less if I can


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

  3. #3
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Name
    Dan H
    Vehicle
    1995 LT1 Caprice
    Posts
    34

    Default

    What's wrong with stock? Or take yours in to the local shop and have it re-cored / repaired

  4. #4
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Nothing wrong with stock but figured if I'm replacing it, might as well upgrade. Local shop said a jb weld won't do


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

  5. #5
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camz2894 View Post
    Nothing wrong with stock but figured if I'm replacing it, might as well upgrade. Local shop said a jb weld won't do


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fact is the stock lt1 radiator has great cooling capacity. we kept it in the 383 procharged car, no need for anything aftermarket unless you wanna look pretty. $100 at advance, always in stock, idn why people get these super expensive be cool etc rads

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

  6. #6
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    fact is the stock lt1 radiator has great cooling capacity. we kept it in the 383 procharged car, no need for anything aftermarket unless you wanna look pretty. $100 at advance, always in stock, idn why people get these super expensive be cool etc rads

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yea the only reason why I would upgrade is to get the aluminum tank instead of plastic to avoid the cracking. But not sure if the price justifies that. The radiator in there now is the original radiator from 23 years ago lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camz2894 For This Post:


  8. #7
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camz2894 View Post
    Yea the only reason why I would upgrade is to get the aluminum tank instead of plastic to avoid the cracking. But not sure if the price justifies that. The radiator in there now is the original radiator from 23 years ago lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if it lasted 23 years, it should last atleast 10 now lol. best of luck. and the ltcc is working great thanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tubby Z28 For This Post:


  10. #8
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    if it lasted 23 years, it should last atleast 10 now lol. best of luck. and the ltcc is working great thanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Thx, Great! Glad it's working for you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to camz2894 For This Post:


  12. #9
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Location
    Dover, De
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Another vote for stock.
    1994 Formula - Forged 355, T56, CC503
    Formula Build Thread
    S
    ahara54's FQuick Profile

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sahara54 For This Post:


  14. #10
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster
    Location
    Conshohocken, PA
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    I have a parts store one on mine. Just make sure they're the same thickness as stock because the later LS rads are thinner. Not sure if mine has a trans cooler built in but I don't think so.

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", 414whp sae, awaiting boost
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, bolt-ons, gears, 300whp, fugly sleeper

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •