Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Drew
    Vehicle
    1996 M6 Z28

Default RPM raise for A/C

I've done some searching and haven't found anything on my issue. My problem is when I run my A/C at idle the car starts to surge to the point that sometimes it will die just sitting still and if I turn the steering wheel it will surely kill it. All I really need to do is to up the idle 200 rpm or so just like any factory car does. Is there some kind of option in LT1 Edit that I am missing that will allow this?

Info/background - Car is a 96 z28 6spd car that is still on an OBD2 computer. One day I do hope to go OBD1 for easier tuning however that is not going to happen now. Engine mods are head work and custom cam, headers, CAT delete, running on speed density. The PCM was professionally tuned a few years back when the engine work was done. I have LT1 Edit and would like to make some changes and try to get the tune dialed in a little better with some time and practice, however right now I am just trying to fix the dying at idle issue. I live in Oklahoma and it is hot so having an A/C is necessary. When I went in for the tune I didn't have my A/C charged or operational so this issue didn't come up. Thanks for your help!
    1996 Z28, M6, T-tops, stock rear, LE stock ported heads (not typical LE stage, it's a friend of a friend deal), Custom cam and tune from JimTune, CR 11.1, Pacesetter LT, Ram Powergrip HD, flowmaster original 40, Eiback prokit, 18" corvette black wheels from ebay, meizere electric w/p, relocated battery to spare tire well, dd with AC Delco Opti.