Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTX Master

Status

Ok I'm seeing either a standard motors replacement pigtail assembly, or an ACdelco ignition switch connector, under wiring connectors and pigtails. The ACdelco is about double the price at 35 bucks but I would prefer to go factory when it comes to these parts. I've read too many people having issues with aftermarket ignition stuff. I actually have an MSD coil pack in there now and it has lasted me all this time but I'm going to swap an ACdelco in there.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 95z28man View Post
    Ok I'm seeing either a standard motors replacement pigtail assembly, or an ACdelco ignition switch connector, under wiring connectors and pigtails. The ACdelco is about double the price at 35 bucks but I would prefer to go factory when it comes to these parts. I've read too many people having issues with aftermarket ignition stuff. I actually have an MSD coil pack in there now and it has lasted me all this time but I'm going to swap an ACdelco in there.
    I went with Delco, always Delco on ignition stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    ignition switch under dash on column is main power for starter and everything else, when it goes it intermittently cuts out one or other, or both when it meltsSent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I miss read this didnt know it was intermitently happing Ill go back to the game

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTX Master

Status

Looking at starters... probably going to hold off on replacing the starter but for future reference, anyone have the ACdelco pn for this corvette gear reduction starter? I found one on summit but it says standard rotation and doesn't specially mention gear reduction like the others on the site. I will keep searching in the meantime.

LTX Master

Status

New ignition switch is installed. I couldn't see any sign of damage or burning to it or the connectors so hopefully something internal? I did buy replacement harnesses as well but chose not to cut and splice them in for 2 reasons: damage wasn't visible and the black connector on the car had a single orange wire where my new one had several gray wires. Looked like the igniton switch had been wired into my alarm (which hasnt worked right for years so I havent been activating it). So I didn't want to mess with it now.

The car sat untouched since I posted this thread weeks ago so I wasn't expecting it to start. Got in it, turned the key got a single click and nothing. Turned the key one more time and it fired up right away...lol. I started and stopped it several times after the install and had no issue at all. Still have to do the coil and ICM later on. I am beginning to think I may not have a battery drain like I thought previously since this battery has sat untouched for weeks and didn't even have to turn over extra times to start. I'm thinking a part of the ignition is to blame, hopefully the switch. I think I am going to invest in one of those bluetooth diagnostic scanners that stays on your OBD port at all times in case I run into another shutdown.
    MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123