Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    How bout an oil pump drive that isn't plastic or cost $150 for just the housing?
    Possibly with a shaft that accepts standard SBC gears?
    it's not a semi-important part responsible for holding the pump drive perfectly and retaining oil pressure in the galleys or anything......

I'm sorry, but to cnc machine that and press in a machined bronze etc bushing into it, $150 is cheap compared to cost of a whole motor. if 150 is too expensive for insurance on a $3000+ engine, idn if you should be building one

(not trying to be a dick, just trying to make you think about it a little differently)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

You realize $150 is just the bare housing? You still have to source the gear which is proprietary to the LT1 and no longer made by gm and cannibalize a used one for the shaft/
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    You realize $150 is just the bare housing? You still have to source the gear which is proprietary to the LT1 and no longer made by gm and cannibalize a used one for the shaft/
    or, use the stock gear and shaft, since 90% of the time there is nothing wrong with them. I have used 4 of the billet drives. we bought a whole run from shon Herron back when he made them. there's one in my broke poverty le2 build right now, lol

Yes, it would be nice to see them cheaper, but if it's not made just right, hello low oil pressure.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - H/C/I/E, Full BMR, 383, M6

@ElkySS you're overthinking this. If i make it the unit would be complete... with a new gear. Tubby Z28 is the only person on this forum that's had a preview of an item.

For me to cut a new unit with a gear is probably 3-4 minute worth of machining. Another 5-6 hours of reverse engineering, 5-8 hours of programming, 1-2 hours of machine setup. Sure the part might be quick to "make" but the time is huge on some of these items. Not to mention just thinking probably a .0005" or less tolerance on the part. You either nail the tolerance from the start or you scrap a part, cutter flex and thermal growth could scrap this one.
    New build coming soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 97.Z28 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

What alloy are you making the gear from?
    1994 Trans Am GT - HPS Ported Heads/Intake, LE Cam, FTI 3600, TP Built 4L60e, Moser 9" w/ 3.90's, BMR Suspension, Formato Tuned

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 97.Z28 View Post
    @ElkySS you're overthinking this. If i make it the unit would be complete... with a new gear. Tubby Z28 is the only person on this forum that's had a preview of an item.

For me to cut a new unit with a gear is probably 3-4 minute worth of machining. Another 5-6 hours of reverse engineering, 5-8 hours of programming, 1-2 hours of machine setup. Sure the part might be quick to "make" but the time is huge on some of these items. Not to mention just thinking probably a .0005" or less tolerance on the part. You either nail the tolerance from the start or you scrap a part, cutter flex and thermal growth could scrap this one.
    Hey man, what's the word on the whipple Ltx manifold?

2021 Charger Scat 392

Ohhh man a whipple mani would be sweet...
    93 Medium Patriot Red Z28: Forged 383,GTP'd AFR 220s(@227ccs), LE .7xx" Billet SR,1.7 Shaftmounts,24x,Maxed Supervic,4150 TB. :12 Metallic Spark Black ZX14R: 1.5" drop, GP slipons, -2 Vortex rear. 152mph trap SWB, stock motor...now with Nitrous... :09 Victory Red LS3 Z51 Vette: Blackouts, muffler delete, sub. Purchased bone stock w/18k mi.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Puck For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Eric
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Hey man, what's the word on the whipple Ltx manifold?

I've been swamped with production work unfortunately, picked up a shop with 8 machines and the customer list grew fast. Finally about to have some time to work on this project the past 2 months has been filled with 200-10000 unit runs, purchasing 10 acres of land and lining up a new 25000 ft/2 building. Have quite a few new machines in the works that should allow for at minimum 3 machines to be dedicated to prototype production.

It's been slow but this has allowed me to increase my capabilities, I've begun to search for a LTX powered car for prototype production and testing (or as my wife likes to call it a shop funded race car). You have my number if you ever need an update and I haven't been on in a while.
    Last edited by 97.Z28; 09-01-2018 at 02:26 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 97.Z28 For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Eric
    Vehicle

Want to make sure everyone understands clearly. I am NOT selling items, any LTX Tech stuff will have to go through Popo8. Just seeing what everyone thinks about these TB Covers, they have a 3D surface (will be machined smoother during production) and 3D engraving. There is still excess material around the outside profile, this was cut just to test the surfacing/engraving. Custom engraving / Logo's will be available.

Evil Opti - Needs a bit more depth to the "LTX TECH" logo to ensure no burs being folded.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

LTX Tech -
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (63.4 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.4 KB, 12 views)
    New build coming soon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 97.Z28 For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Eric
    Vehicle

Here's a better picture fully machined.

Anyone want a free cover? Need 3 high detail scans of their tb cover bottom, 1 stock, 1 holley, 1 other. Let me know what you want on yours (evil opti and LTX tech are off limits), everything else I can do for you on them. Just need to confirm bolt hole spacing on 3 different ones, and need a test fit.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    New build coming soon.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 97.Z28 For This Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast