Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Making some changes to my Twin Turbo C5

For those not familiar -- 800+ RWHP/TQ as it sat in this pic early last year:

Parked it early last fall and started tearing down. Was dropping oil pressure on throttle shut, then recovering with a blip on the throttle. Classic oil pump check valve symptom. Work slowed down, 2nd half last year was a debacle. Spent first half this year trying to recover savings and such.

So....upgrades coming: AFR 230V2 heads for boost with 8019 springs and Inconel exhaust valve upgrade. Melling 10296 pump (using blue lower pressure spring). Custom cam (222/232 range, .625 range, 115+4 range). Removes FAST 102 and NW 102 TB due to leak issues, going to LS2 Intake and TB.

As long as the fuel system will support it, hoping to see 1K+ RWHP this fall. NOT going to chase it though. I like the 97-98 return style fuel rails because it's wonderfully functional and keeps that stock look. So fuel system will be the limiting factor. Made 761/760 a few years ago with smaller heads, smaller cam, smaller turbo's, smaller injectors, with a bunch of overhead room in the fuel system still.

Car is currently stripped of rad/condenser, front accessories and rack, and is waiting for me to get off my duff and pull the valvetrain/heads/cam out.

More to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    For those not familiar -- 800+ RWHP/TQ as it sat in this pic early last year:

Parked it early last fall and started tearing down. Was dropping oil pressure on throttle shut, then recovering with a blip on the throttle. Classic oil pump check valve symptom. Work slowed down, 2nd half last year was a debacle. Spent first half this year trying to recover savings and such.

So....upgrades coming: AFR 230V2 heads for boost with 8019 springs and Inconel exhaust valve upgrade. Melling 10296 pump (using blue lower pressure spring). Custom cam (222/232 range, .625 range, 115+4 range). Removes FAST 102 and NW 102 TB due to leak issues, going to LS2 Intake and TB.

As long as the fuel system will support it, hoping to see 1K+ RWHP this fall. NOT going to chase it though. I like the 97-98 return style fuel rails because it's wonderfully functional and keeps that stock look. So fuel system will be the limiting factor. Made 761/760 a few years ago with smaller heads, smaller cam, smaller turbo's, smaller injectors, with a bunch of overhead room in the fuel system still.

Car is currently stripped of rad/condenser, front accessories and rack, and is waiting for me to get off my duff and pull the valvetrain/heads/cam out.

More to come.
    can't wait to see the results. that car is beautiful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

NICE, just really make me realize how far behind in life I really am..... lol

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    NICE, just really make me realize how far behind in life I really am..... lol
    Trust me when I say don't look at it like that, it serves nothing. Just keep looking forward. FWIW, I had a pretty serious fall from grace a few years ago when I originally owned the car above. Lost pretty much everything. Took a few years, some VERY rough, but got stable, back on my feet, and bought the car back in 2015 after selling it in 2010 before it all came crumbling down. I say this because at my low point, I had zero hope of achieving anything, and then it all just came back as I plodded along. Just keep grinding and thing have a way of coming together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Thanks man, Ive been pretty stable the last 2.5 years and atleast I got me a firebird back now! If I just hold on to it im sure in 5 or so years it will be bad ass.
    But seriously that car is KILLER! love that color and the c5 is my personal favorite body style.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Thanks man!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

looks good! you'll have to challenge kyle at 1320 video to race his "unicorn" twin turbo c5 haha

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hokeplaya05 For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I haven't been following that build, but he'll probably have me covered based on some of the talk I'm seeing. Not to mention I refuse to compromise the street quality of the car.

I just took a look, can't find any specifics anywhere other than running through vids which I have no interest in doing. He's got marginally more turbo than me, but less cubes. Heads/valvetrain is unknown to me for Unicorn currently.

But he also is using wilwood rear brakes, allowing a small wheel/big tire combo to be used out back. Right there he'd get me because I'm stuck on 17" min but nothing is made with the right offset for a C5 with C6Z brakes. I keep the 19" NT05R's on the car all the time.
    Last edited by Fastbird; 05-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Trust me when I say don't look at it like that, it serves nothing. Just keep looking forward. FWIW, I had a pretty serious fall from grace a few years ago when I originally owned the car above. Lost pretty much everything. Took a few years, some VERY rough, but got stable, back on my feet, and bought the car back in 2015 after selling it in 2010 before it all came crumbling down. I say this because at my low point, I had zero hope of achieving anything, and then it all just came back as I plodded along. Just keep grinding and thing have a way of coming together.
    <3
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Well look who the cat dragged in! Long time no see man (except facebook, lol).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast