Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
Mickelson-Horizontal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Default

    Well, going back to meth and getting more boost, have you looked into spraying pre comp wheel?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

    Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:


  3. #12
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Well, going back to meth and getting more boost, have you looked into spraying pre comp wheel?
    on a sc? no I havent

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

  4. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    on a sc? no I havent

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Its one of those heavily debated topics that has no clear answer but it may help squeak a little more out of the blower by lowering its temps and increasing its efficiency a tad.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

    Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:


  6. #14
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    33

    Default

    FWIW -- I have done it for years and it does work. Small shot if you just want to cool the air but big amounts can let you keep your smaller supercharger for the street and still make huge power numbers.

    Down side -- Any forced induction is not very equal from cylinder to cylinder so it moves the nitrous around just like the air. Can be a real handful to tune because of the cylinder stagger it creates. I think that's why not many do it and most of the guys wanting that kind of power are not driving their cars around so they just get a supercharger or turbos that are big enough to make the large power. But you would not want to drive those on the street.

    short answer, it works but you better be really good at tuning and have a lot of pistons until you get the balance figured out.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:


  8. #15
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    FWIW -- I have done it for years and it does work. Small shot if you just want to cool the air but big amounts can let you keep your smaller supercharger for the street and still make huge power numbers.

    Down side -- Any forced induction is not very equal from cylinder to cylinder so it moves the nitrous around just like the air. Can be a real handful to tune because of the cylinder stagger it creates. I think that's why not many do it and most of the guys wanting that kind of power are not driving their cars around so they just get a supercharger or turbos that are big enough to make the large power. But you would not want to drive those on the street.

    short answer, it works but you better be really good at tuning and have a lot of pistons until you get the balance figured out.
    Jeff, thank you very much for your insight. this is on hold for a bit as we are building another car. more room than an fbody, but not as yacht like like a b body. we will be spraying a 355 lt1 that we are swapping in.

    one day the camaro may end up with spray ontop of the little p600b procharger, time will tell. I'm not good enough at tuning, lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

  9. #16
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    Jeff, thank you very much for your insight. this is on hold for a bit as we are building another car. more room than an fbody, but not as yacht like like a b body. we will be spraying a 355 lt1 that we are swapping in.

    one day the camaro may end up with spray ontop of the little p600b procharger, time will tell. I'm not good enough at tuning, lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    50 or 100 shot shouldn't hurt you. Going 200 or more is when it really shows up as a tuning issue.

    Don't be scared of it in small amounts, it will make more power than just the amount of nitrous for the reasons already listed with changing the air density. Richen up your blower just a little bit if you're going to spray or better yet, run more fuel on the nitrous side so the blower fuel/air ratios are correct when the nitrous isn't on.

    Whats the old saying, ask me how I know that

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:


  11. #17
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    50 or 100 shot shouldn't hurt you. Going 200 or more is when it really shows up as a tuning issue.

    Don't be scared of it in small amounts, it will make more power than just the amount of nitrous for the reasons already listed with changing the air density. Richen up your blower just a little bit if you're going to spray or better yet, run more fuel on the nitrous side so the blower fuel/air ratios are correct when the nitrous isn't on.

    Whats the old saying, ask me how I know that
    haha. man I hope to one day have a quarter of the knowledge that you have for these motors/computers. car needs a 9" bad. rear is the weakest link. that and fixing a surge issue. may tune the dfco throttle percentage table to zero to see if it stops it

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

  12. #18
    "The Rock"


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28, 1994 Trans Am GT, 1985/1996 Corvette CLONE
    Location
    Shillington, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    59,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    haha. man I hope to one day have a quarter of the knowledge that you have for these motors/computers. car needs a 9" bad. rear is the weakest link. that and fixing a surge issue. may tune the dfco throttle percentage table to zero to see if it stops it

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    My rear will be up for sale soon. Just as soon as i can get chris to go over it amd either make sure its ok... or fix it before selling.

    Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.


    Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

    1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

    1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

    1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

    1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

    2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..





  13. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:


  14. #19

    Default

    be careful on maxing out your 600, if you over spin it, the impeller can let go and the shavings will all be ingested into your motor damaging everything, ask me how I know...

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:


  16. #20
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    5,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    be careful on maxing out your 600, if you over spin it, the impeller can let go and the shavings will all be ingested into your motor damaging everything, ask me how I know...
    it's not being overspun, it's 2k rpm impeller speed below max rpm. if we would've stepped down to the next pulley it would've been 2200 rpm over max at 6500rpm. it's gonna stay right where it is until a bigger blower arrives

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    1994 Z28 T56 - Le2 H/C, SBE, Hooker lt's, some rod ended suspension stuff, and a whole lotta tetanus
    The wrench for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE2 H/C P600B/ CPT Pro Race/Pro Torque 3200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •